Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximise the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children's mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia's most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria has a part time (2 days per week - negotiable) fixed term contract opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Team in the position of Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Project Officer.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring the project is delivered on time, within budget and scope against grant requirements, and contribute towards the project’s communication plan;
- Co-design inclusive practices to create opportunities for people with low vision or blindness and their carers to engage and participate in peer support groups and initiatives;
- Co-design resources for peer leaders and people with low vision and blindness;
- Develop and facilitate effective relationships with peer leaders and groups.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a community engagement and/or projects focused role, preferably within the disability sector, (lived experience of blindness or low vision is preferable);
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills;
- A commitment to live the values and behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people who are blind or have low vision.
Benefits that Guide Dogs Victoria offer:
- A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging of up to $18,550;
- Flexible working arrangements including hybrid working model;
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers;
- Study Leave and educational assistance, and access to an external mentoring program with the Institute of Managers and Leaders;
- Employee assistance program for employees and for members of their household;
- Annual onsite flu vaccinations or vouchers for vaccinations close to home with participating partners; and
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition program.
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applications from people with disability, including those with low vision and blindness. We acknowledge the rights of people with disabilities to have equal opportunity for participation in meaningful employment and are committed to increasing the representation of people with disability in our workforce.