headspace Whitsundays is seeking a fixed-term part-time Senior Mental Health position.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation and provides early intervention and support for young people aged 12-25 years. headspace is designed to make it as easy as possible for a young person and their family to get the help they need for problems affecting their wellbeing including four core areas: mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drug services and work and study support.
A headspace satellite provides a minimum of 3 of the 4 core streams and is linked to a parent headspace centre. headspace Whitsundays is a satellite of headspace Mackay and operates under the guidance and support of headspace Mackay. The Senior Mental Health Clinician will work closely with the headspace Mackay staff and headspace Whitsunday staff to provide the best outcomes for young people and their communities
Working at a headspace centre gives professionals an opportunity to improve the lives of young people, with an emphasis on managing mild to moderate mental health problems whilst being part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team.
To find out more about headspace visit http://headspace.org.au/.
The successful applicant is:
- a values orientated, dedicated and passionate Senior Mental Health Clinician, with minimum four (4) years experience, who is able to work proactively work as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
- self motivated, and able to work exceptionally well in a fast paced work environment;
- excellent in demonstrating initiative and always continues to show up with an impeccable attitude and an innovative mindset to contribute to the headspace team;
- a quick learner and is someone who thrives in a busy environment;
- an excellent communicator who is able to develop excellent rapport with colleagues, clients and external stakeholders;
- a person who loves to work with youth and young adults; and
- is capable of providing youth friendly clinical services in accordance with the headspace model.
The objective of the position is to provide high level clinical services and leadership to the headspace team through the headspace service model, and advanced clinical services to young people and their families and friends. In line with Northern Australia Primary Health Limited (NAPHL) objectives and the headspace model of service delivery, the Senior Mental Health Clinician – headspace will:
- Provide high level clinical services to young people and their families attending headspace;
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision to headspace mental health clinicians, ensuring that day to day service delivery is safe and effectively meeting the needs of young people;
- Promote evidence-based clinical practice and demonstrate active leadership in the clinical decision-making process regarding the care provided to clients;
- Provide clinical consultation to team members and assure professional and ethical standards of clinical services delivered; and
- Provide the onsite point of clinical and risk and safety escalation for the headspace centre.
The benefits of working with headspace Whitsundays are:
- Up to $15,900 FBT salary packaging benefits;
- Additional $2,650 salary packaging benefits for meals/entertainment;
- Career and development opportunities;
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and their families;
- Discounted private health insurance;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees;
- Contribution to improving the health outcomes of local and regional communities; and
- Relocation costs will be considered for the right applicant.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant mental health or allied health discipline including psychology, mental health nursing, social work, or occupational therapy.
- Minimum five years of experience working as a qualified psychologist or social worker.
- Current registration as a Health Practitioner with AHPRA, or a Social Worker with eligibility for full membership with AASW.
- The ability and experience to undertake intake and screening activities, including comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessment to determine client needs, and to assist clients to access appropriate services.
- Highly developed clinical skills in managing you people at risk, including suicide and violence risks.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of the National Standards for Mental Health Services
- Knowledge of and experience working within the Family Systems Theory and the delivery of systemically informed care to children and young persons and their families.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant experience in evidence-based treatment of mental disorders in children, young people, including in groups, working with young people at risk of harm, perinatal mental health, and working with indigenous families.
- Ability to supervise new graduate practitioners towards independent mental health practice and assist in developing their skills in working with young people across relevant age ranges and developmental stages.
- Possess ability to obtain a Medicare Provider number and/ or Mental Health Accreditation to maintain eligibility to provide a full suite of headspace services.
- Experience working in headspace.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements: It is a mandatory condition of employment for the employee to be and remain vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide a medical exemption, as per the Queensland Government Workers in a healthcare setting (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements) Direction.
For more information please contact the Centre Manager, Carmen Davey or Clinical Lead, Charmaine Lawson, on 07 4898 2200.