- Make a difference to young people by joining an innovative and well recognised NFP
- Part time position based in Melbourne or Brisbane
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative team committed to elevating the voices of young people in the mental health sector
What is headspace National
headspace is a well-recognised, national not-for-profit organisation making a difference to the lives of young people aged 12-25 years. To learn more about headspace and the services we offer, visit headspace.org.au.
About the role
You will be responsible for the design, delivery, development and evaluation of Youth Participation programs that empower young people to have a voice at all levels of the organisation. You will work collaboratively with the Participation Manager to help build organisational capacity and continuous improvement of Youth Participation at headspace National and across the headspace network, using your expertise in Youth Participation to advise professional staff on best practice.
You will line manage a part-time Youth Participation Coordinator who coordinates the headspace Youth National Reference Group (hY NRG) and other national Youth Participation projects.
Who we're looking for
A proactive and innovative person, with excellent stakeholder engagement skills. You will have:
- Degree level qualifications in Youth Work, Community, Health, Education or a related discipline, or a similar level of experience.
- Advanced understanding of and experience taking a lead role in contemporary youth / lived experience participation models or frameworks, including facilitation and coordination of activities with young volunteers / young advocates.
- Skills in capturing, evaluating and analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated skills working with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders of diverse ages, backgrounds and experiences.
- Foundational knowledge of youth mental health and factors impacting young people.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a highly productive environment with time pressures.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
What's on offer
Be part of an organisation that makes a difference and is internationally recognised for doing so. In return we offer a workplace where people are supported and encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Also on offer:
- Generous salary packaging options up to the maximum amount (for further info go to Smart Salary).
- Professional development opportunities
- First-rate CBD location with great on-site facilities
- A focus on well-being
- A commitment to diversity
How to Apply
- Click on 'Apply Now' to see the position description, and to complete your application where you need to upload a resume and cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for the role considering the 'key responsibilities' found in the position description.
- We will fill this role as soon as we find the right person and will be reviewing applications as soon as received, so if this role appeals to you, apply now.
- For more information about the salary and the position, contact the Participation Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Senior Youth Participation Advisor - Melbourne or Brisbane enquiry via EthicalJobs.
To be eligible for this position you must have the right to live and work in Australia. A Working with Children Check (or State/Territory equivalent) and a Police Check are required for this position.
headspace is committed to being a child safe and child friendly organisation that recognises, respects and promotes the rights of children, young and vulnerable people.
The headspace Reconciliation Action Plan was launched in July 2019 and was developed through a co-design process with staff across the organisation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role and all current vacancies.