- Disability Support Workers - Multiple Roles
- Join a small but dedicated team of support workers to deliver person centred support
- Work within and learn about a person-centred model of support
- Guaranteed between 25 and 35 hours each week
We are currently recruiting for a number of casual Disability Support Worker positions in the Landsborough area. The purpose of these roles is to deliver person-centred support to an individual whilst upholding her innovative model of support so she can continue to live a good life – with all its endless possibilities.
These roles include providing support to an individual with daily care, the performance of housekeeping duties, monitoring and administration of medication in accordance with a plan and general administrative duties. For more detailed information relating to the specific role responsibilities please refer to the attached job description.
Who you are (essential)
- You are Community focused and committed to engaging the individual’s communities across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
- You have at least 12 months of disability support experience AND/OR six-months of on-the-job training in the disability sector.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- You excel at working in a team and have a willingness to assist and support other as required.
- You are hardworking and effectively accomplish objectives and carry out support within a timely manner.
- You are confident, professional and have a positive approach to change.
- You have a current First Aid & CPR certification or the ability to obtain one.
- You have a current drivers licence and the ability to commute to the work location.
- You have a manual handling certificate or the ability to obtain one.
- You have a National police check or the ability to obtain one.
- You have a NDIS Compliance Certificate or the ability to obtain one.
- You have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
Who you might be (desirable but not essential)
- You have completed a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).
- You have previous experience working under a person-centred support model.
Who we are
A small group of committed people who deliver person centred support to the individual and appreciate small but beautiful. The individual’s support team has the capacity and values to uphold her innovative model of support so she can continue to live a good life – with all its endless possibilities. As a values driven team we practice the following values everyday.
- We believe that everyone needs the opportunity to belong and to make audacious choices.
- We challenge preconceived attitudes and stigmas about people with disabilities.
- We value each other’s gifts and strengths.
- We work in partnership.
- We build trusting, respectful and honest relationships.
- We remain faithful to their values.
We are not a traditional service provider, instead we employ a self-managed or person centred model of support. This means the individual has the freedom and responsibility to decide and direct what their support arrangements look like, which services they will engage and employ all contracts to provide support. Essentially a self-managed model enables the individual to be the CEO of their own life and manages the responsibility of employing people like any other business.
What we offer
- A team of supportive and passionate people committed to maintaining a positive workplace culture.
- The opportunity to progress from casual to permanent part-time after a successful six months in the role.
- A 24/7 rotating roster which includes days, evening, awake shifts, weekends and the occasional sleepover.
- On-the-job training and mentoring from experienced support workers.
- A psychologically and physically safe working environment.
For more information or a confidential discussion regarding the role, please call us on 0413 572 968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Disability Support Workers - Landsborough enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.
The employer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.