Our client Care to Serve is a specialist non-profit organisation that exists to provide preventative support to Tasmania’s 85,000 + family and friend carer and is the Tasmanian provider of the National Carer Gateway support services. Care to Serve put carers first, connecting them to practical advice and early intervention support services.
About the role:
The Carer Coach role reports into the Team Leader and is responsible for engaging with and coaching carers on an individual basis across a defined period of time, to build and develop skills identified during consultation with carers. Engagement may be in-person, via telephone and/or through online channels. The position is distinct from mentoring and counselling. The role holder will ensure that coaching sessions are collaborative, goal and client centred, non-judgemental, flexible and non-therapeutic. The role holder may also be requested to support or facilitate peer support activities with carers.
- Reviewing carer assessment and circumstances in the organisational CRM
- Establishing and/or confirming session/s with the carer
- Ensuring required resources exist to undertake the coaching session for both coach and coachee.
- Provide up to six sessions of individual coaching face-to-face, on the phone or via video-based channels
- Follow-up each coaching session with a summary of the session, including commitments made by the carer.
- Record all sessions in the organisational CRM with 100% accuracy on the same day of each session
- Identify unmet needs that may emerge and make appropriate referral back to Carer, Support Officers, counsellors or to external organisations as appropriate
- Track all interactions and ensure that they are recorded in the organisational CRM
- Track and report any trends that occur from providing service to multiple carers
What you will bring:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of clients at their level in both oral and written forms
- Proven ability to not lead clients, to move at their pace, and be comfortable with silence
- Understanding of and experience of using one or more of a range of models including GROW, motivational interviewing, strength-based coaching, intentional peer support, Rogerian Therapy, and Recovery Coaching
- Demonstrated skills in writing coaching notes in a timely manner
- Proven ability to manage time and tasks effectively to drive results
- Proven ability to facilitate small groups of up to 15 people
- Strong computer skills
Desirable / preferred, but not essential:
- Possession of recognised certificate/s in individual coaching is highly desirable
- Membership of a relevant coaching professional body is desirable
What we will need from you / our process:
- A National Police Check
- Working with vulnerable people card
- Current valid driver’s license
- Up to date COVID vaccinations (including boosters as required)
If you are interested in becoming a part of this values led organisation and making a positive difference to the lives of carers in Tasmania, then please click on the link, follow the instructions and apply today.