- Full time position, no weekends or evenings
- Flexibility, option to work some days from home
- Make a positive difference in the lives of carers
Our client Care to Serve is a specialist non-profit organisation that exists to provide preventative support to Tasmania’s 85,000 + family and friend carer and is the Tasmanian provider of the National Carer Gateway support services. Care to Serve put carers first, connecting them to practical advice and early intervention support services.
About the role:
As Carer Support Officer you will be the first point of contact for carers across Tasmania; managing general enquiries from carers, undertaking intake and registration activities, supporting navigation of the maze of services, conducting carer support planning and goal setting, matching carers to supports, and reviewing carer progress and wellbeing.
Reporting to the Team Leader Carer Services, in this role you will contribute to the core activities through monthly rotational placement into three functional teams. You may also be required to contribute to the delivery of supports, including supporting connection between carers, awareness raising activities and coordinating respite.
- Provide information, advice and referrals if intake is not required
- Validate new carers as being eligible for supports
- Undertake full registration of new carers and accurately record details on the CRM
- Register new carers for Carer Support Planning and confirm by email and SMS
- Manage appointment schedule efficiently and within required timeframes
- Discuss and match the supports available for the carer and agree on the supports that will most benefit the carer
- Manage a schedule of action plan and support plan reviews efficiently and within required timeframes
- Review goal progress and supports and adjust with the carer as required
The role will be required to be on-call on a rotational roster for one-week periods on three or four occasions per year.
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience in applying a person-centred approach within a consumer-directed environment
- Experience working with family carers or with people from the CALD, First Nations, people with a disability or LGBTIQ+ is desirable
- Proven ability to communicate flexibly and effectively at all levels and get to the root cause of issues
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems with initiative and speed within an acceptable range of risk
- Demonstrated experience in assessing, planning, implementing and reviewing support plans
- Proven experience working with integrated systems and ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Proven ability to work productively within a team environment
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity
- Certificate III in Community Services or higher or equivalent or equivalent demonstrated experience
Desirable/ preferred, but not essential:
- Previous work in the community services sector
What we will need from you / our process:
- A National Police Check
- Working with vulnerable people card
- Current valid drivers license
- Up to date COVID vaccinations (including boosters as required)
If you are interested in becoming a part of this values led organisation and making a positive difference to the lives of carers in Tasmania, then please click on the link, follow the instructions and apply today.