- Full time position, Monday to Friday (no weekends or evenings)
- Flexibility, option to work some days from home
- Make a positive difference in the lives of carers
- Lead a regional team
Our client Care to Serve is a specialist non-profit organisation that exists to provide preventative support to Tasmania’s 85,000 + family and friend carer and is the Tasmanian provider of the National Carer Gateway support services. Care to Serve put carers first, connecting them to practical advice and early intervention support services.
About the role:
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Carer Services, the Team Leader for Carer Services role you will see you lead a regional team providing a range of service offerings including; Carer Services, Residential Respite and Engagement and Capacity Building. In this role, you lead and manage the planning for the carer service within your region whilst working collaboratively with your peers in other regions to ensure delivery of a consistent practice across the state for carer services.
We have three current opportunities available located in the following areas;
- Lead and manage the planning and delivery of carer-centred services in your region to drive high carer satisfaction
- Lead and Manage Residential respite management which includes; respite bed bookings, residential aged care facility management and maintain a strong working relationship with ACAT
- Lead and manage Engagement and Capacity Building through the delivery of peer support groups, carer directed support plans and emergency support
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop employees to ensure their increasing levels of service quality
- Work collaboratively with your peers in each region to ensure consistency in practices between the regions and have a state-wide focus
The role will be required to be on-call on a rotational roster for one-week periods on three or four occasions per year. This is a full-time position required hours are Monday to Friday.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Demonstrated experience in applying a person-centred approach within a consumer-directed environment
- Previous management experience in the community services sector is highly desirable.
- Experience working with family carers or with people from the CALD, First Nations, people with a disability or LGBTIQ+ is desirable
- Hands on lived experienced is highly regarded for this role
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and deliver work through others to achieve outcomes
- Leadership experience in leading successful teams through coaching and development
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in assessing, planning, implementing, and reviewing support plans
- Proven experience working with integrated systems and ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Proven ability to work productively within a team environment
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity
DESIRABLE/ PREFERRED, BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
- Previous experience working within aged care
- Previous coaching, counselling or social work experience
- A relevant Tertiary qualification
WHAT WE WILL NEED FROM YOU / OUR PROCESS:
- A National Police Check
- Working with vulnerable people card
- Current valid drivers license
- Up to date COVID vaccinations (including boosters as required)
If you are interested in becoming a part of this values led organisation and want to be part of making a positive difference to the lives of carers in Tasmania, then please click on the link, follow the instructions and apply today.