Humanitarian Projects International Inc. (HPI) is a fully accredited, non-denominational, Australian not-for-profit charity, based on Sunshine Coast Queensland, that operates by sending teams of caring volunteer workers wherever needed to relieve poverty and distress, thereby giving hope and a future to orphans and other underprivileged people of the world.
Role and Responsibility
The Marketing and Promotions Manager reports to the Management Committee and is responsible for:
- Promoting HPI’s values and its key messages on Strategy, Mission and Vision.
- Supporting the Management Committee in its quest to increase awareness of HPI’s brand in the community.
- Actively marketing HPI and its activities to the community through all available media sources with the aim of increasing awareness of HPI’s brand in the community.
- As a member of the Management Committee, attending Committee meetings whenever possible and playing an active role in the overall management of HPI.
- Maintaining a close co-operative association with Management and HPI Members.
- In conjunction with the Management Committee and with the Fundraising and Events Manager, develop, review and maintain marketing materials including flyers and brochures, periodic newsletters and social media notices to be used for the promotion of HPI, its projects, events and fundraising activities.
- Maintain the HPI website and social media sites with up-to-date information, particularly to promote HPI’s projects and events.
- Promote membership of HPI and encourage members active participation in HPI’s projects and activities.
- In liaison with project managers and with the Fundraising and Events Manager, prepare written and visual promotional presentations to promote HPI and its projects to potential donors, corporate sponsors and to the wider community.
- Develop and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of all promotional activities, and analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximise results.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of HPI press releases. All press releases must first be approved by the Management Committee or, if urgent, by the President.
- Ensure that all promotional activities fall within the HPI insurance policy cover.
There will be ample opportunity to work with the Fundraising and Events Manager to fully explain the role and provide training if needed. The role does not include fundraising. However, a good understanding of marketing and advertising is essential.
Minor expenses such as stationery and postage are reimbursed. Other purchases must be approved by the Management Committee prior to purchase.
Expected work time will be around 10 hours per week on average depending upon project activities at any point in time. This includes attending a 2 hour bi-monthly Management Committee and the AGM.
All marketing and promotional work is done in close co-operation with the Fundraising and Events Manager who relies heavily on marketing and promotional activities for the success of any events.
A high degree of literacy in English is essential as well as experience in a marketing role.
Working with Children Check (Blue Card or Police Check) is required if travelling to work on a HPI project either in Australia or overseas where children reside or are otherwise present.
Applicants must be computer literate in Word and Excel.