About the Organisation
Heart Research Australia is a fundraising organisation supporting world-class and emerging researchers to conduct ground-breaking research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease.
We support ‘seed’ funding, allowing researchers to turn their innovative, ‘out of the notebook’ ideas into reality.
Our goal is to reduce the devastating impact heart disease has on the community and help keep families together for longer.
About the role
The role reports into the Direct Marketing Manager and supports both donor care and donor acquisition functions. Key areas of responsibility are as follows:
Donor Acquisition and Retention:
- Maintain accurate records of donor engagement into CRM
- Provide a high standard of donor care across all touch points (phone, email, print, SMS)
- Act as the main point of contact for donor enquiries and requests
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the annual Fundraising and Donor Care plans.
- Support the planning, execution and evaluation of direct mail campaigns.
- Work with third party suppliers to ensure end to end effective and efficient campaign execution.
- Support the processing of donations and issuing of receipts at busy periods if required.
Specifically the role supports the acquisition and retention of regular giving through:
- Declines calling
- Managing declines communications
- Responding to related email queries, phone calls and Facebook comments
- Supporting the Direct Marketing Manager in designing and loading social media ads
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers to support Regular Giving fulfilment
The role contributes to the success of Community Fundraising by:
- Organising the sourcing of prizes
- Recruiting and managing volunteers to source prizes
- Liaising with prize givers and receivers, encouraging contributions
Supporter/customer focused, with strong written and verbal communication skills, you will also have a strong sense of initiative and an ability to work autonomously, but also contribute as part of a team when required.
- Min 1 years’ experience in a marketing or fundraising team
- Action orientated with a drive for results
- CRM experience – ideally Salesforce
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise key tasks.
- Proven ability to manage administrative processes with ease and consistency.
- Confidence, well developed verbal and written communication skills and excellent telephone manner.
Strong interest and experience in digital applications and social media campaign management
- Strong record keeping skills
- Understanding and experience of donor centred fundraising practices
- Interest/experience in graphic design – In Design, Creative Cloud or other design software desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- Telemarketing experience
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (particularly Word and Excel)
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to work from home – with a North Sydney office setting 1-2 days per week
- 3 day a week role - option to spread over several days
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
How to Apply
To learn more about Heart Research Australia and this job opportunity, please visit our website at www.heartresearch.com.au and download the Position Description attached to this advertisement for more details. Alternatively, please contact Miriam Morgan via email@example.com, using the subject line: Fundraising and Marketing Assistant enquiry via EthicalJobs, or call Miriam or Nicci on 02 9436 0056.