The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 45,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Industrial Officer to join our team. This position is located at the HSU office in CBD Sydney.
About the role:
The Industrial Officer/Bargaining Officer is based in our Industrial Division. The position holder will be a specialist in advocacy in conciliation and arbitration arenas; provide advice in industrial matters, case manage industrial disputes and conduct Enterprise Agreement bargaining.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Expertise in advocacy in order to prepare, present and argue industrial issues, including in relevant tribunals and Fair Work Commission, and to support legal counsel as required.
- Capacity to provide timely and sound advice and feedback to sub-branches, organisers, and members on more complex industrial relations issues, union campaigns and policies.
- Specialised negotiation skills in bargaining.
- Good communication skills, including oral skills, to build effective relationships with sub-branches, organisers, delegates
- Accountability for individual outcomes, including timeliness; organisational, recording and report-writing skills; follow-up and report back skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team - including flexibility to take on other duties and responsibilities as required; share information; mentor other staff; and commit to upgrading own work-related skills.
- Commitment to trade union principles.
Relevant legal studies or tertiary qualifications.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- A flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace, including generous employer superannuation contributions and leave entitlements such as Accrued Days Off and Family and Community Leave.
- Commitment to supporting professional development.
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
Questions about this vacancy can be directed to Ayshe Lewis via email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Industrial Bargaining Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.