The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 43,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
About the role:
The Primary function of this role is to provide information; support, advice and representation to Members on issue that affect their working lives. This is a full-time position. Standard office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. This position is based at the HSU office in CBD Sydney
The key responsibilities:
- Interacting with Members: taking calls and greeting members in person in response to their needs and concerns. Delivering high-quality member service, listening to members’ requests and working to find the appropriate solution.
- Investigating and Resolving Complaints: Face members complaints, provide solutions. Interact with internal resources to identify the issues, responded to concerns and follow-up with a satisfactory resolution in a timely and affective manner.
- Provide Information: Ongoing education and information to members in regard to the organization’s benefits, policies and procedures.
- Case Management: Provide sound advice on non-complex dispute resolution as required.
You will have:
- Demonstrated ability to use a PC and related commercial software packages.
- Good interpersonal skills for both internal and external communications and relationships
- Ability to organise, prioritise and perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Contribute to a supportive, open atmosphere and team environment.
- Conflict and problem-solving skills
Remuneration up to$77,257per annum (subject to skills, experience, and qualifications).
Other benefits include;
- A flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace including generous employer superannuation contributions and leave entitlements such as Accrued Days Off and Family and Community Leave.
- Commitment to supporting professional development.
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
Questions about this vacancy can be directed to Ayshe Lewis via email email@example.com, using the subject line: Industrial Services Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include National Criminal Records and National Police Background Checks.