- Up to three-month contract, would suit freelancer
- Full-time hours
- Work from home with specified days in the office for meetings (Yeerongpilly, Brisbane)
- Immediate start
Huntingtons Queensland supports people impacted by the genetic condition Huntington’s disease (HD). Our team provides services, support and advocacy for people living with HD and their families, education and training for community/NDIS workers, and lobbies for research and treatments to help end HD.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Use your skills and experience to shape our brand, marketing and digital strategies while leveraging our team's expertise to develop a new program and revenue stream to improve education and training in the health/disability sector.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In consultation with the Project Manager (our Organisational Development & HR Adviser) and the CEO, you will be:
- Developing an overall brand/marketing strategy, plans and tools to support Huntingtons Queensland's strategic goals; and
- Creating a marketing strategy to support a new fee-for-service Information & Education program (I&E).
Working across strategy and operations, your tasks will include:
- Devising an overall two-year marketing strategy, including options to improve the organisation’s brand
- Developing an online and digital strategy to support marketing, public awareness, stakeholder engagement and revenue generating activities (fee for service and fundraising)
- Reviewing and updating the website and social media platforms, including writing and producing content, improving SEO, and ensuring that back-end systems are appropriate and function effectively
- Creating content (digital and traditional) to engage, inform and educate audiences across various channels
- Preparing an annual communications plan.
For the Information & Education program, your tasks will include:
- Building a marketing plan around the service’s UVP
- Identifying and quantifying product offering(s)
- Refining customer segmentation and identifying potential customers
- Updating resources to support the I&E program.
- At least five years’ recent and relevant experience in developing and implementing business and marketing strategies (essential)
- Formal qualifications in marketing, communications and/or business development (required)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff across all tiers of an organisation (essential)
- Demonstrated understanding of the community/disability/health sectors and how information and training is purchased and delivered in a variety of settings, including the NDIS (required)
- Demonstrated success working with small/medium not-for-profit organisations (highly regarded)
To secure an interview you should also have the following technical skills:
- Superior communication skills (written, verbal and face to face)
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to complete tasks to a high standard of execution
- High level of competence with digital and online tools and channels
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Understanding of and competence in leveraging SEO
- Experience in developing content for websites and social media (we use WordPress).
A position description is attached.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
For more information or a confidential discussion please call Jan Tipping on 0410 242 688.