- Work type: Full-time
- Location: Ultimo
The Independent Education Union of Australia NSW/ACT Branch represents the industrial and professional interests of teachers, support staff and operational staff in non-government schools. The IEU also represents teachers in early childhood services and English language colleges throughout NSW and the ACT.
As a member of the publications and communications team, your role will focus on maximising the union’s profile and opportunities on all media platforms. As part of the team, you will be responsible for the website, social media, photography, videography and some journalism.
- Work collaboratively within a small communications team to develop high quality print and digital communications materials, including social media, print publications, media releases, and video content
- Together with the team help develop innovative digital campaigns to engage and recruit members
- Build the union’s profile online across our website and social media platforms to engage members and encourage potential members to join
- Produce creative and interesting content, including graphics/‘tiles’ and short videos, for social media to accompany the union’s campaigns and messaging
- Videography and photography for the union website and campaign communications
- Manage website content, keeping news current, share analytics and insights
- Contribute text, stories, images and assist with proofreading publications as needed
- Work with Executive staff to develop and execute media strategies
- Proactively liaise with union organisers to produce content to publish
- Keep up to date with news, current affairs and developments in social media and campaigning
- Share your expertise with the team.
- Commitment to the principles of the trade union movement
- A willingness to work collaboratively within a communications team to produce high quality content for print and online
- Sound communication skills, good teamwork skills and attention to detail
- An understanding of how to track social media impact
- A good understanding of Premier Pro and a willingness to develop your skills in Photoshop/Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to respond quickly and collaboratively to breaking news
- A willingness to understand and target messaging to the union’s key audiences
- Examples of your videography.
The successful applicant will be a valued member of the IEU’s communications team.
PAY AND CONDITIONS
- Salary range: $74,628 – 85,088 per annum
- Hours of work: 35-hour week, occasional overtime
- Superannuation: 9.5%
Enquiries and further details may be directed to Joanna Kotsakis on (02) 8202 8900.