IFAW Oceania is seeking a creative, self-propelled, detail-oriented and passionate individual to serve as the region’s Digital Officer. This job is best suited to an individual who brings an abiding interest in the substance of IFAW’s work (animals and the planet), impeccable organisational skills, strong writing ability, a natural skill for time-management, and the capacity to act as a team player in the daily promotion of brand awareness, advocacy and fundraising goals for a global non-profit organisation.
The Digital Officer will be responsible for the development, planning and implementation of the online fundraising and online marketing strategy to achieve both revenue and lead generation targets as well as contribute to the organisational goals of building brand awareness, enhancing brand reputation and expanding audience engagement. Working under the direction of the Global Digital Marketing Director, and within the priorities of the Oceania Regional Director, the Digital Officer will support both country-specific and global initiatives and campaigns.
Role and Responsibilities
In conjunction and collaboration with the global digital marketing team:
- Initiate and implement online fundraising campaigns to meet and/or exceed annual budgeted net income goals.
- Initiate and implement online acquisition and paid media (SEM and paid social) programs to meet and/or exceed annual lead and direct donor acquisition goals; includes working with external agencies as required.
- Oversee online advertising budget (e.g. SEM, paid social), including the management of monthly spend per channel, scoping out areas to increase marketing spend efficiency, and defining the focus for testing, analysis and experimentation.
- Within the framework of the global digital marketing and fundraising strategy, manage and implement all aspects of online campaigns (e.g. e-appeals, advocacy, stewardship) from start to finish implementation, evaluation and follow-up strategy; Occasional creative development will be required, when it relates to unique country and program opportunities.Develop and cultivate new donor targets; generate prospects and engage leads.
- Drive overall brand awareness goals for IFAW, staying up to date on priority messaging, audiences and strategies defined by the organisation.
- Collaborate with director to set annual KPIs and growth targets, forecasting against lead and revenue goals; provide weekly/monthly reporting against targets.
- Explore and test new types of online fundraising (e.g. Crowdfunding, Peer-to-peer) to aid in lead gen and online donations.
- Manage and curate Oceania’s social media accounts
- Maintain and follow “best practices” in SEO when creating and updating website content
- Define and oversee the creative development of assets (e.g. ads, videos, animated gifs, content, text etc.) needed to support acquisition activities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on campaign and acquisition success against targets in collaboration with support from analytics team.
- Regularly test new and online opportunities with current and potential partners.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5+ years hands-on online marketing and fundraising experience.
- Experience raising money online in multiple ways (e.g. newsletter, SEM, paid social, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer).
- Deep understanding of online marketing fundamentals (paid, earned, owned) and knowledge of how online marketing channels complement each other.
- Ability to analyse/synthesise complex data (e.g. acquisition costs, LTV) and utilise it to develop strategic initiatives; understanding of conversion funnels, attribution models, Google Analytics and other reporting tools.
- Comfortable working with creative teams to develop and produce effective campaigns as well as with product/engineering teams to optimise websites and landing pages.
- Understanding of conversion funnels, attribution models, Google Analytics and other reporting tools.
- Proven track record directing large scale email marketing campaigns inclusive of strategy development, list segmentation, A/B testing and translation, experience with email service providers, CRM and website content management all a must
- Proven track record planning, directing, optimising and analysing multi-channel online marketing campaigns from start to finish especially newsletters
- Experience with Salesforce and other marketing automation and fundraising platforms and related tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related fields or experience.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- Fluency in in English
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities will change from time to time to meet the needs of the department and our company.
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.