Who we are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in supporting governments to protect vulnerable people from violence. Our team of 1,200+ professionals are at work in over 25 countries across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America. Together with government, corporate, civil society, community and survivor leader partners, we are catalysing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion and make justice unstoppable.
International Justice Mission Australia, established in 2014, partners with IJM Global to deliver justice programs overseas and grow the movement of Australians seeking justice for the oppressed.
IJM is Christian, Professional and Bridge Building. Our Christian value manifests not only in our motivation but in our culture and work environment, including daily devotions, stillness and prayer.
The Job Position
IJM Australia is seeking an experienced Senior Lead, Corporate Partnerships to lead corporate giving in IJM Australia. This is an exciting, dynamic and fulfilling position to educate, inspire and encourage corporate engagement to be actively involved in combating modern slavery and exploitation of children in this region. This is a part-time position (3-day or 4-day work week), 12 month contract to be based in Sydney.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Partnerships Officer, the Senior Lead, Corporate Partnerships will:
- Cultivate a corporate partnerships strategy and build a pipeline of opportunities within the larger corporate space (Corporates with $100 million turnover)
- Manage existing corporate partnerships whilst identifying, acquiring, cultivating and stewarding new partnerships to meet organisational targets
- Educate corporate prospects and supporters to promote IJM’s mission, vision and values
- Build a foundation of SME (Small /Medium Enterprises) who support IJM’s work financially
- Deliver effective pitches and high quality proposals to corporate leads
- Formulate and implement partnerships of shared values and win-win outcomes between IJM and corporate supporters
- Monitoring and delivery of activities and agreed outcomes throughout the corporate partnership journey
- Strategic insight and plans on deepening / extending existing partnerships
- Preparation of reports, proposals, presentation and other fundraising or impact materials as needed
- Set up or improve operational processes for corporate partnership development and management
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A deep conviction for justice and ending slavery
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (e.g.: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree) or relevant work experiences
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experiences in garnering and negotiating corporate partnerships.
- 3-5 year’s experience in fundraising, business development or account servicing of corporate clients with a demonstrated track record managing corporate partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and listening skills with the ability to collaborate to develop common interests or positive outcomes
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present clearly and effectively
- Possess a professional demeanour
You will also be:
- Highly motivated, self-starter, independent worker
- Partnership savvy
- Creative and forward thinking; innovative
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals - characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills and attributes
- Leadership opportunities through leading and developing a team
- Opportunity for spiritual formation
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of qualified experiences
A position description is attached.