This is your chance to make a difference!
We are on the lookout for a Senior Media and Communications Specialist. We’re looking for someone who knows how to build brand awareness, thought leadership and advocacy through high quality media coverage and internal and external communications to join our Marketing and Communications Team in Melbourne.
If you are someone who is wanting to join an organisation that makes a real difference in the community and has a passion for social justice and digital transformation in the not for profit sector, then this role is for you!
About the role
Reporting to the Team Lead – Marketing and Communications, the Senior Media and Communications Specialist will be responsible for:
- Building brand awareness, thought leadership and advocacy through high quality media coverage that extends audience reach and supports key IXG announcements, publications, and events.
- Harnessing data, research and insights to develop informative stories that influence the social impact sector and can be amplified through owned and earned channels.
- Working with the People and Culture team to develop and deliver an internal communications plan which aligns with organisational strategy.
- Writing and developing communications for staff newsletters, awards, presentations, and surveys as well as the staff conference and other ad hoc communications.
- Working with the marcomms team, IX staff and external suppliers to lead the production of the Infoxchange annual report.
To succeed in this role at Infoxchange, you will have/be:
- At least 5 years’ experience in media and communications and a tertiary qualification in journalism and/or communications.
- Experienced writer with the ability to interpret data and research and translate this into compelling stories.
- Strong editing skills, attention to detail and experience developing publications is desirable.
- Established contacts with national and metro media including social affairs, government, philanthropy, not-for-profit and opinion journalists..
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a deadline-driven environment and to adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Experience working with and an understanding of the key drivers and objectives of government and not-for-profits is desirable.
- Passion for social justice and/or experience working in the not-for-profit sector.
We’re passionate about taking care of our employees, so working with us means that you will get:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Additional leave provisions (Paid parental leave, annual leave loading)
- Wellbeing program (think yoga and meditation as well as yearly flu shots)
- Salary packaging options
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition
- Carbon neutral offices
- Myki discounts
- Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that!
Infoxchange Group is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has been delivering technology for social justice for over 30 years. With 180 staff across Australia and New Zealand, we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology and work with community, government and corporate partners to solve challenges around homelessness, family violence, mental health and disability, as well as support Indigenous communities, women, youth and families, whilst also using technology to empower people experiencing disadvantage - driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
- Located in Melbourne
- Full time 12 month contract
- $85k plus super and generous packaging available
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply Now' button.
For more information and to view the Position Description, please visit https://www.infoxchange.org/au/get-involved/work-us.