Inside Policy is a privately-owned social and economic policy advisory firm. Established in 2014 by founder, Natalie Walker, Inside Policy is a trusted partner to governments in delivering social research, consultation, policy reform, and evaluation projects in the policy areas of family/domestic violence, child and family services, justice, social impact investment, and Indigenous economic development.
Insiders (i.e. Inside Policy team members) are committed to making our nation a better place for Australia’s most vulnerable populations by providing evidence-informed and credible policy advice.
Inside Policy is a dynamic, purpose-driven organisation that does high-quality work for our clients in a fast-paced environment. To enable this, we support all Insiders through our annual growth process – Inside Up, by having flexible work arrangements, by supporting financially and experientially a range of learning experiences to help team members achieve their goals, and by ensuring team members are applying their areas of strengths while building new expertise.
The Senior Consultant will play a key role in delivering projects, working closely with Managers and clients to achieve high-quality outcomes required within tight deadlines. Successful Senior Consultants will have strong experience in social policy research and evaluation methodologies, and demonstrable field experience.
The Senior Consultant will achieve this by:
- Working closely with Managers and Directors to draft proposals, and lead the drafting of proposals where workload permits.
- Working closely with the Manager to develop realistic project plans to deliver high-quality client work.
- Leading research and strategic policy project work within agreed project plans, including the development of findings, strategic insights, and writing reports.
- Leading the production of project-related activities such as surveys, literature reviews, qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Facilitating workshops and other consultation activities.
- Reporting and liaising on project progress with staff and clients.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve project outcomes and attract new clients.
- Provide line management to junior staff, as required.
- Other tasks as directed by a supervisor as required from time to time.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of three years experience working in a similar role.
- Policy, program, or service delivery experience in family violence, Indigenous economic development and / or disability services. Advanced verbal and written communication.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-starting, independent thinker.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team.
- Ability to apply a variety of analytical frameworks, models, and techniques to projects when required. • Skilled at stakeholder engagement and client relationship management.
- Demonstrated capability to maintain professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to quickly acquire new knowledge across a range of policy areas.
- Policy, program, or service delivery experience in family violence, Indigenous economic development, and/or disability services.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Bachelor's degree or higher.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.