What Interchange does:
At Interchange, we create local communities for the Western Australian with disabilities that we support to belong. We are all peas from the same pod. Everyone Belongs.
For 30 years, Interchange has been putting people at the centre of everything we do, including the people we support and our staff. Through individualised, local, community-based support we remove barriers, increase life choices, and empower people with disabilities to have meaningful relationships and connections.
We live our values – respect, belonging, empowerment and individuality. These values impact everything that we do and how we think. Interchangers respect people and their life choices, shape communities so our people belong, empower our people to achieve their goals, and support their individuality.
Why Interchange is a great place to work:
We work with people that share our values. Interchangers can expect to be respected, empowered, belong, and your individualism valued. We empower you to self-organise, be flexible and manage your work and life commitments. Our awesome staff bring passion and commitment to their vital roles. No two days are ever the same, supporting people can at times be challenging, but it is always rewarding.
The opportunity with Interchange:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Support Worker to work within a pilot program in supporting people with mental health issues to transition from hospital to their own home. We are looking for a leader who shares our passion with developing Recovery Action Plans for the people we support. In this role, you will be working closely with the individual towards capacity building in the areas of community access, inclusion and day to day living.
As a Lead Support Worker, you will take initiative and use your problem-solving skills to ensure individual plan outcomes and goals are met, working with existing budgets and resources.
Additionally, you will support and mentor Support Workers within our customer support teams. Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Conducting initial assessments of needs and develop a Recovery Action Plan
- Provide one to one outreach support for people with severe mental illness towards capacity building in the areas of community access, inclusion and day to day living as identified in their Recovery Action Plan
- Exercise a considerable degree of independent judgment in assessments, implementation and treatment planning as required
To join the Interchange Team, you need to have:
- Qualification in mental health, community disability, or welfare sector (eg. Certificate IV)
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role providing psychosocial support in an outreach capacity
- An understanding of mental health issues and recovery-oriented practice in the provision of capacity building support to people with severe mental illnesses and complex needs and their families
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to manage confidential information
- Experience in providing leadership, supervision and support within complex support teams
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing support plans to enable individuals to achieve their goals
- Excellent time management self-management skills
- Maintain knowledge of community services and relevant programs
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in entering and maintaining accurate information in data management systems
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in facilitating referral processes to internal and external stakeholders
- Valid driver’s license and access to own car for travel
- NDIS Worker Screening or willingness to obtain
In return, you will receive:
- A supportive, flexible, and encouraging work environment
- Satisfaction of working with an organisation that provides high quality disability services to make a difference to people we support
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment
- Employee referral incentives
- iThink you are awesome, a company-wide recognition program
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
Please submit a current resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role.