- Melbourne CBD based
- Hybrid Flexible Working
SuperFriend’s vision is for an Australia where all workplaces are mentally healthy. We are a trusted partner in helping organisations and industries navigate their workplace mental health and wellbeing journey. We do this by providing evidence-informed and practical workplace and industry-level solutions, advocating for systems change and developing and sharing strategic insights. We deliver specialist consulting services, workplace training, tools and resource solutions. We conduct Australia’s largest annual national workplace mental health research – Indicators of a Thriving Workplace – that provides trend analysis and insights for industry, government and workplaces.
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hands-on, results driven senior leader to join this growing mental health organisation, in the role of GM Business Operations & Performance. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will guide the organisations growth through the delivery of our business operations functions – including Finance, Governance and Technology – with a focus on enhancing whole of business operational efficiency and effectiveness, business planning and performance measurement. This is a unique opportunity to join our highly engaged, passionate team as we embark on the next phase of our evolution, championing the benefits of preventative and positive workplace mental health practices in Australia.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Business Operations, Planning & Performance - Partner with the business to develop and implement a right-sized operational roadmap delivering whole of business initiatives including systems and process integrations that enhance customer experiences and are aligned with business and strategic objectives; develop and champion business intelligence capability delivering meaningful data driven insights that facilitate problem solving, decision-making and future planning
- Finance and Office Management - Oversee financial management, compliance and regulatory requirements, as well as office and facilities management.
- Technology Infrastructure - Oversee the whole of business technology environment ensuring continuous improvement in the delivery of customer experiences, ensuring technology solutions are integrated, fit for purpose and future focused; lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive data management, security & governance strategy
- Compliance, Governance, Risk and Board - Manage the organisation’s reporting, both internally and externally, including the annual report, Board and other governance requirements; prudently manage legal, compliance, risk and governance activities
- Company Secretary - Working with the CEO and Board Chair, undertake the responsibilities of Company Secretary, supporting the operation of the Board and Board committees and ensuring all corporate statutory obligations are met.
- Tertiary qualified in business administration, law, finance or related discipline; with demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role in a small to medium sized business experiencing growth and change.
- Expertise in leading organisation wide business planning, business improvement & optimisation and managing a multi-disciplinary team with specialisation in one or more of the following areas: business operations & management, financial operations, governance & risk, technology.
- Must enjoy getting hands dirty, taking on multiple roles required in a small, innovative business environment whilst thinking strategically and building scalable cross-functional business processes.
- Experience leveraging financial and operational results and data to create meaningful business insights that help drive business growth, deepen engagement, and streamline operational efficiencies.
- A pragmatic, approachable, supportive coaching style with proven ability to work with senior leaders to meet agreed outcomes and experience working at Board level, preferably in the role of Company Secretary will be advantageous.
Specific questions and requests for the position description are to be forwarded to Mark Dalton, Independent Recruitment Consultant via email@example.com using the subject line: General Manager - Business Operations and Performance - SuperFriend enquiry via EthicalJobs.