Our Wallsend office now seeks an experienced and qualified SOCIAL WORKER to join the team covering various areas of Hunter Central Coast.
- Office based in Wallsend with onsite parking however you will primarily be out within the community
- Full time,12 Month fixed term contract
- Salary Sacrifice options for NFP including Motor Vehicle & Fuel Card (can be used for reasonable personal use)
- Complete with phone and laptop
- 4 weeks Annual Leave then increases to 5weeks after 2 years continued service
Key Assets - The Children’s Services Provider (Not-For-Profit Agency)
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI 10 year Achievement Award 2010 – 2020,
- Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for Australian HR Awards 2017
- Key Assets is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to achieve good outcomes for children and families.
About the role
As a FOSTER CARER SOCIAL WORKER you will provide ongoing support to carers to ensure the stability of the placement and the continued safety of our children and young people.
Key Components of the role:
- Provide case management of the child or young person in placement. This includes working with birth families, convening Case Plan meetings, developing Case Plans, ensuring that Case Plans are implemented and reviewed
- Where required, undertake assessments of potential foster carers and will be asked to undertake annual foster carer review of authorisation and present these to both the Key Assets fostering panel
- Work in partnership in the KEY CARE TEAM approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child’s network, including contribution to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined
- Ensure the protection of C&YP and the promotion of their welfare is given absolute priority in all activities and that critical incidents/allegations are recorded, investigated and acted upon appropriately
- Comply with all Key Assets Policies and Procedure and child protection/safety procedures and legislation
Qualities, Experience and Skills Required:
- Qualification in Social Work (and eligibility for membership of the AASW)
- Experience in case management
- Proven experience in a children and families setting or working in child protection and/or out of home care
- Knowledge and experience in attachment theory and trauma and the associated behaviours
- Be able to show initiative and work independently
- Strong ability to create and maintain sustainable relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate and advocate for our children and young people
- Comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services, and a sound understanding of child safe practices and procedures
- Be willing to undergo and satisfactorily complete personal and statutory checks
Click the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to view Position Description details. For a private conversation regarding this opportunity, please call Jennifer McDonald on (02) 4979 8888.
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED AT ANY TIME)
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.