- Lead specialist recovery programs for women, children and young people
- Advance your career in this senior role
- Part time (0.8) or scope for full time
- Generous salary packaging
About the role
All kids deserve a bright future. It's what we believe at Kids First and it compels us in our work with children and families who have experienced family violence. We do this through evidence-based interventions and our highly skilled and dedicated team members who bring them to life.
This role is vital to delivering our specialist family violence services in our Northern Healing & Recovery Program.
- Support the Team Leader by coordinating the delivery of a high-quality service that provides safe and effective responses to women, children and families seeking support that is in line with MARAM and the Information Sharing Guidelines.
- Coordinate evidence-based group interventions for vulnerable children and families, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the development and trialling of new group interventions
- Be required to facilitate groups with parents, children, and young people
- Be an active leader in best practice and evidence-based models for vulnerable families
- Hold a tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, child and family social welfare or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience working with parents and their children who have experienced family violence
- Demonstrated leadership skills in coordinating group programs and networking with stakeholders
- Proven experience in the trauma and family violence field within similar organisations, possess a strong knowledge of the service system including all relevant legislation and standards and be tertiary qualified in social work, psychology or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the use of current theoretical approaches and best practice for working with children, young people and families
- Demonstrated capability to network and build productive relationships with stakeholders both inside and outside organisational boundaries
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and support change, innovation as well as contribute to quality improvements at an organisational/operational level.
Kids First Australia (formally Children's Protection Society) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high-quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
What we offer
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and focussed culture, career and professional development, work flexibility and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take-home pay.
How to Apply
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered. Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title, a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees and responses addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
Enquiries are welcome to Christine Denton, General Manager Therapeutic, Recovery and Family Services on 9450 0900.
ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ONLINE VIA THE KIDS FIRST WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED
To apply for this job click on Apply Now & enter ref code: 5485517.