Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation's (AKKF) purpose is to empower young people (aged between 8 - 18 years) to thrive beyond the impacts of mental illness. Through our age-based, recreational, early intervention programs, we make a difference in the lives of the young people we support.
In this part-time role (2 days per week), reporting to the Head of Community and Partnerships your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the Defence intake portfolio, to drive Defence intake numbers within Townsville and the surrounding regions.
- Promoting awareness of, and community engagement with, AKKF to support and grow the intake process for young people attending our programs.
- Relationship building within the community to generate opportunities, support and fundraising for our programs.
- Representing AKKF and being a key community contact for AKKF in your region.
- Attend community engagement activities/presentations/events to promote AKKF. Getting involved in and facilitating events as required.
- Work with the programs team to support and participate in the delivery of programs (both face-to-face and online) and participating in our Programs.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a passion for making a difference in the lives of young people.
- Have demonstrated experience in a similar position (ideally with experience in, or exposure to working with Defence organisations).
- Ability to engage with and build a rapport with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Have a can-do, adaptable, resilient, positive, proactive attitude and approach.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative and entrepreneurialism.
- Ability to think creatively, with the ability to think out of the box.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills (including written, oral, and virtual).
To perform the full extent of this role, you must be able and willing, to regularly travel and have the ability to work outside usual business hours.
- You will make a difference in the lives of young people.
- Play an essential role in supporting and growing AKKF.
- Have access to great salary packaging options.
- Be part of a passionate, supportive, values-based team.
- Have the flexibility, when not engaging with the community, to work from home.
how to apply
To submit your application click the Apply Now button.
All applicants must have a current working with children check or be willing to obtain one, have full drivers licence and access to their own car, and a National Police Check will be undertaken on successful applicants. Initially, this role is being offered as a 12-month contract.