Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation (AKKF) supports young people aged 8-18 years, living in families affected by mental illness. We make a positive difference in the lives of young people we support through the provision of evidence-based, age-appropriate early intervention programs.
About the role
We are seeking a motivated Manager - Volunteer Programs, passionate about volunteering, who will manage and grow AKKF’s volunteers in the WA and SA regions.
In this part-time role (Tuesday to Friday) your responsibilities will include day-to-day management of the volunteers, sourcing, recruiting, scheduling, engaging, and supporting the training of volunteers within your regions.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated experience in the engagement and day-to-day management of volunteers, including sourcing, recruiting, scheduling and engaging volunteers to meet program requirements (experience with Better Impact is desirable).
- Embrace being hands-on, comfortable in rolling up your sleeves to be in the detail, with a track record of providing exceptional results.
- Be a dedicated, hard-working professional who has a calm approach to work, enabling you to succeed when managing competing priorities.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, virtual and oral).
- Have the ability to proactively manage your time and tasks, while embracing opportunities to collaborate and build relationships across teams.
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, resilience, adaptability, and a can-do attitude.
- Have the ability and willingness to periodically participate in AKKF’s program delivery.
- Be able to travel and have the ability to work outside usual business hours, as required.
- Have a driver’s licence and access to your own car.
- Make a positive difference in the lives of the young people we support.
- Be part of a passionate, supportive, values-based team.
- Have access to AKKF's Learning Library to support your growth and development.
- Have access to great salary packaging.
- Have access to flexible work options.
For more information about the role, or to obtain salary details, please contact People and Culture via email@example.com, using the subject line: Manager - Volunteer Programs enquiry via EthicalJobs.