The Eastern Region Domestic Violence Services Network Inc. (Koolkuna) is looking for a Project Officer/Advocate for an exciting project over the next 12 months.
The project will specifically target community education and support of older people in the community who are at risk of and/or experiencing family and domestic violence who are aged over the age of 65 or 55 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, with a particular focus on vulnerable communities including; LGBTQI, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally and linguistically diverse.
The objectives and outcomes of this program will be achieved by:
- delivering crisis support and outreach services to elderly victims of family and domestic violence;
- providing assistance through resources for specialist frontline services to manage increase in demand and case complexity as a result of living changes from COVID-19;
- development of education resources for FDV workers around elder abuse and;
- providing assistance for specialist frontline services to put in place practices to protect staff and clients from COVID-19. COVID safe measures may include but are not limited to regular testing, cleaning services, personal protective equipment and technological interventions (when suitable).
To succeed in the role, you will have the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, a desire to work with vulnerable community members. You will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to coordinate a variety of services around the individual and family needs.
- Engage in case management and ongoing casework with older people in the aftermath of domestic violence
Advocacy and Referral
- Provide information, resources, referrals and advocacy for women and children to ensure their needs are met
- Maintain records, data information and reports in accordance with agency requirements
- Comply with all privacy, equal opportunity and occupational health and safety requirements
- Adhere to the Strategic Plan and all Policies and Procedures of the organisation
- Participate in professional supervision, team meetings, training and working groups as required
- Assist in the identification, development and delivery of community training and education programmes regarding elder abuse and domestic and family violence.
- Participate in interagency coordination and maintain good working relationships with local agencies and networks
- Work in an ethical and professional manner at all times as a representative of the Organisation
- Promote and implement safety strategies for all clients, colleagues and yourself
- Other duties relevant to the position as directed
- Willingness to work towards tertiary qualifications or demonstrated experience in the Human Services field relating to older people affected by violence and abuse.
- Knowledge and experience of intervention work and case management with older people experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Ability to develop networks and advocate strongly on behalf of older people in domestic and family violence situations.
- A high standard of communication and interpersonal skills including record keeping, report writing, collection of statistical data and computer literacy.
- Project experience including coordination and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work using your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining sound judgment.
- Ability to adhere to privacy, equal opportunity and occupational health and safety legislation and maintain ethical and professional practice at all times.
- Working With Children Act 2004 Criminal Record Check
- A current Driver's License and use of a suitable car.
- Flexibility with working hours
- Experience in working in a not for profit community Organisation
For more information on the role or to apply, please contact Robyn Fitall at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Project Officer / Advocate - Elder Abuse enquiry via EthicalJobs.