- Hours: 20 hours per week (0.53 FTE)
- Remuneration: $74,000 - $ 82,000 FTE
- Contract Period: August 2021 - June 2022, with likely extension.
- Location: Canberra, ACT
About Landcare ACT
Landcare ACT is the peak body for Landcare in the ACT region. We work with members to represent, support and promote the over 60 community groups who help look after urban parklands, rural areas, nature reserves and waterways of the ACT Region.
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the Communications Officer will coordinate the development and delivery of communications products for Landcare ACT
- Support and promote communication needs in a timely manner, including
- Develop and deliver website and social media priority products
- Draft and produce publications, including newsletters, annual reports and other documents as required.
- Coordinate with member Communications Officers and partner Media Advisors to profile the value and role of Landcare in the ACT
- Develop positive working relationships with with journalists, including through developing and distributing press and coordinating media events
- Create and deliver multi-media and digital content for website and social media products, as appropriate
- Respond to communications needs of the organisation, as directed
- Other duties as directed by the CEO.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and using communication products and platforms to achieve organisational goals, including content development for social media platforms, websites, and newsletters
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a team to deliver tight timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop positive working relationships and prepare documents for various audiences and purposes.
- Demonstrated ability in engaging with media, including ability to prepare media releases
- Interest in community-based environmental management
- An understanding of community environmental management in the ACT
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in Communications, Environmental Management, or related discipline
For more information contact Karissa Preuss on 0412 206 491 or at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Communications Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.