- Permanent vacancies across Newcastle, Maitland, Rutherford, Port Stephens and Lake Macquarie locations
- Part Time Hours
- Paid Induction and Full Training - ongoing training and career development
- Great benefits that include salary sacrifice packaging
about the role
Our Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) Newcastle Team are seeking passionate, dedicated, resilient and reliable Therapeutic Youth Workers to empower our Young People & Families to achieve what’s important to them through quality care, planning and safety delivered outcomes.
In and around Newcastle we are fortunate to assist a diverse range of young people and their families in our Out of Home Care Accommodation Services. Our Therapeutic Youth Workers provide quality, reliable, responsive and flexible supports in a friendly, caring and empathetic way. This is better service.
Our team is growing and we are seeking Therapeutic Youth Workers who are resilient and have a sound understanding of the importance of supporting children and young people.
Keep Calm and Be Happy – What are the benefits?
Joining Lifestyle Solutions will give you the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of young people. Our team is here because we care, and because of this, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our teams. Other benefits include:
- Hour rate based on SCHADS Award 2.1 - 2.2 (pending qualifications)
- Salary packaging options include: Up to $16k p/a salary sacrifice; Meal and Entertainment Card (up to $2300 p/a), novated lease for motor vehicles (if employed permanent or fixed term)
- $2000 + worth of paid training including Induction, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Foundation training in Intensive Therapeutic Care, CALM and Assist Clients with Medication plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Self-Organising Team based structure and an inclusive culture. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to make decisions and implement your ideas to provide Better Service to the people we support
- We take COVID-19 seriously and provide PPE, regular information updates and practice the latest health advice
- Centralised rostering system to ensure you are busy
- Therapeutic & Behavioural support from a national team of clinicians to reduce harmful behaviour, develop customer social skills and mentor staff
- Crisis and Incident Support from our national Incident Response Team
- Reflective Practice Training and ongoing practice support from Practice Development specialists
Own It – How we get the job done
As a Youth Support Worker (ITC) your responsibilities will include:
- Active Support: Assisting our young people to get ready for the day ahead including getting dressed and showered and preparing meals, coordinating activities, transportation and social outings, plan for and achieve daily goals.
- Health Support: Administering medication, understanding our young person’s health and wellbeing plan, medication documentation and protocols and any other health support plans.
- Positive Behaviour Support: Managing young person’s behaviour triggers, strategies to prevent triggers and or how to support the individual when experiencing behaviours of concerns. This will also include de-escalation strategies.
- Safeguarding: Complete core training, including violence prevention training and other young person specific training.
- Teamwork: Participate openly in group regular scheduled reflection and support and team meetings, continuously reflect and learn from challenges and experiences to improve the service and the workplace.
- Administration: Meet the policies, procedures and code of conduct of Lifestyle Solutions.
Make It Matter – What you will bring to make a difference in other’s lives
- Demonstrated motivation to work with customers, children and young people
- Display alignment with Lifestyle Solutions values
- Availability to work the required roster including weekends and overnight shifts
- An appropriate Working with Child Check and Criminal Record Check
- Valid driver’s license
- Appropriate visa to work within Australia, if necessary
- Clear understanding of behaviour support planning and restrictive practices
- Training in Lifestyle Solutions selected therapeutic model
- Ability to write clear notes in English
- First Aid Training and certificate
Please Note: The NSW Government Public Health Order requires that all care workers must have their first COVID-19 vaccine dose by 9am 25 October 2021 and two doses by 9am 29 November 2021. Evidence of a COVID-19 Certificate, or medical contraindication certificate will be required.
Relevant Minimum Qualifications:
Our funding contracts with Government Departments require that ITC Youth Support Workers hold specific qualifications or are enrolled to obtain prior to commencing:
- Diploma: Hold or be working towards a Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work, Disability, Children's Services, Counselling, Case Management or relevant field or;
- Bachelor Degree: Hold or have completed the first 12 months of a Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Community Services, Nursing, Psychological Science, Social Science, Social Welfare or relevant field
Respect – Who we are and why we do it:
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us – Next steps
All applications must be lodged online, via the Apply Now link.
For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Amandi Moolman, Talent Professional, email@example.com using the subject line: Therapeutic Youth Workers - Newcastle/Hunter/Lake Macquarie enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from under-represented communities and groups are strongly encouraged. We can provide adjustments to the recruitment process if required; please contact the Talent Professional on the number above to discuss how we can help.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.