About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The purpose of the Carer Assessor role is to facilitate and complete the assessment process of foster carer applicants and to ensure the assessment process is undertaken in accordance with Life Without Barriers standards and procedures. This is a permanent, part time (0.8 FTE) position based in Burnie.
- Complete an agreed number of carer assessments per year that is reflective of the needs of the local carer recruitment plan
- Schedule and attend home visits and other meetings with carer applicants, their families and referees for the purposes of completing carer assessments
- Ensure written reviews and assessments meet the agreed standards set by LWB and clearly outline the development needs that the carer has using the CARE model as a guide.
- Identify any training requirements, safety concerns or placement issues throughout the assessment process and provide feedback and suggested solutions or recommendations to the care team.
- Throughout the assessment, support and encourage potential carers to apply a reflective, critical thinking analysis of how the caring role will impact on their life, family and other relationships.
- Liaise and work in partnership with members of care teams and other specialist roles within the organisation.
Skills & Experience
- Recognised Social Work qualifications with eligibility for membership of the AASW and/or a Bachelor of Psychology or other relevant qualification
- Demonstrated experience and skill in undertaking child focused assessments (Step by Step accredited) in a child and family welfare setting including carer assessments.
- Significant case work experience
- Experience delivering Shared Lives training and assessments
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the CARE model of therapeutic care is desirable.
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to write clearly, critically, transparently and honestly.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with individuals, whilst being able to have honest and at times difficult conversations.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, and hold Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People Registration.
- Monthly RDO
- Salary packaging tax benefits + tool of trade vehicle
- Growing organisation with flexible working options including work from home
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com using the subject line: Carer Assessor - Burnie enquiry via EthicalJobs
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)