- Attractive remuneration including salary packaging, vehicle (with fuel card)
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Due to COVID-19 we are currently working a combination of at home and in the office until further notice.
About the Organisation
Every day, Life Without Barriers provides support and care to children and young people, as we work collaboratively with families, carers, and communities, to ensure they have the environment they deserve to grow. With a focus on ensuring safety and respect, this is an opportunity to make a positive and meaningful difference in these young lives and help pave a brighter future.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The purpose of the Carer Engagement Officer position is to undertake marketing and recruitment activities for foster carers with Life Without Barriers, with a focus on quality carer attraction, engagement, and retention. The incumbent is committed to providing high quality and responsive service to our families and children & young people.
The Carer Engagement Officer position will also undertake activities that enhance the Life Without Barriers brand as well as develop, implement, and measure the success of recruitment and marketing plans and campaigns.
This role is being offered as a part-time 4 days per week. A Tool of Trade vehicle (including fuel card) will also be allocated to the successful candidate.
- Respond to enquiries from prospective foster carers in a timely manner and help guide them through the application and assessment process.
- Provide relevant information to foster care applicants through enquiry and screening stages.
- Keep accurate records of enquiries and undertake analysis on enquiry rates and successful carer applications in relation to the recruitment and marketing activities that are undertaken within a local area.
- As required, participate in CARE training ensuring that this frameworks and tools guide our work with children and young people in the service
- Coordinate and support Carer Ambassadors and other peer support carers to participate in the carer attraction and engagement plan, including attending events, supporting information sessions, or responding to individual enquiries.
- Support the family finding work for kinship care or respite options.
- Measure the success of carer attraction and engagement plans and produce reports as required.
- Introduce screened carer applicants to the relevant carer assessor and support the development of this relationship.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with applicants, internal and external customers, agencies, and vendors.
- In conjunction with the local care team, and in accordance with the LWB marketing and branding strategy, design and implement a carer attraction and engagement plan appropriate to local demand including strategies to support the targeted recruitment of carers to match the needs of children and young people.
- Deliver appropriate marketing and recruitment campaigns to enhance LWB’s brand and increasing the number of foster care applicants; and proactively engage with the community, including attending relevant events
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, sales, recruitment, or other relevant field and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in a marketing, sales, or recruitment role.
- Demonstrated experience with engaging with people who are caring for children and young people who may be experiencing grief, loss, and trauma.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking case management or project management
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and to deliver outcomes within agreed timeframes and quality standards
- Strong enquiry management ability
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office suite of programs, for example Outlook, Word and Excel
- Current Unrestricted Drivers Licence
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, a tool of trade vehicle (with fuel card), including mobile phone and laptop + non-for-profit tax reduction options.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Permanent Full Time Position with ongoing support and training
Please note: To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Carer Engagement Officer - Tasmania enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face-to-face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)