About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
The purpose of the Carer Engagement Officer position is to undertake marketing and recruitment activities for foster carers with Life Without Barriers, with a focus on quality carer attraction, engagement and retention. The incumbent is committed to providing high quality and responsive service to our families and children & young people.
The Carer Engagement Officer position will also undertake activities that enhance the Life Without Barriers brand as well as develop, implement and measure the success of recruitment and marketing plans and campaigns. This is a new role for the team, and we are looking to recruit on a flexible part time basis (0.8 FTE). The role will work across all areas of Tasmania, and may be based in either Hobart, Launceston or Burnie.
- Respond to enquiries from prospective foster carers in a timely manner and help guide them through the application and assessment process.
- Keep accurate records of enquiries and undertake analysis on enquiry rates and successful carer applications in relation to the recruitment and marketing activities that are undertaken within a local area.
- In conjunction with the local care team, and in accordance with the LWB marketing and branding strategy, design and implement a carer attraction and engagement plan appropriate to local demand including strategies to support the targeted recruitment of carers to match the needs of children and young people.
- As part of this local plan:
- deliver appropriate marketing and recruitment campaigns to enhance LWB’s brand and increasing the number of foster care applicants; and
- proactively engage with the community, including attending relevant events
- Coordinate and support Carer Ambassadors and other peer support carers to participate in the carer attraction and engagement plan, including attending events, supporting information sessions, or responding to individual enquiries.
- As part of initial carer applicant screening - collate, prepare, initiate and complete probity and other carer checks and documentation as required.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, sales, recruitment or other relevant field and/or equivalent experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated experience in a marketing, sales or recruitment role.
- Demonstrated experience with engaging with people who are caring for children and young people who may be experiencing grief, loss and trauma.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking case management or project management.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and government agencies
- Demonstrated written communication skills for the creation of correspondence and, as required, other materials or reports
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable People Registration.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Flexible work environment, including work from home options
- Ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunity
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Foster Carer Engagement Officer - Location Flexible enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA).