ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000+ employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Roster Coordinators critical role in the effective and sustainable management of our Aged Care workforce within Darwin. You will coordinate and optimise the available workforce by utilising rostering and scheduling systems to best meet client requirements and to promote a sustainable workforce.
- Work with stakeholders to understand Service Agreements and customer needs prior to the development of schedules and rosters
- Build positive relationships through engagement with stakeholders; including colleagues, clients, families and guardians
- Develop ‘best fit’ schedules for clients and optimise rosters for workers and the program
- Routinely utilise the established mechanisms, including client scheduling system, technical solutions and documentation systems to ensure that rosters are planned and distributed in advance * Respond to ad hoc changes required by customers and workers by adjusting schedules and systems and communicating with stakeholders daily
- Monitor rosters and schedules to ensure that support is delivered to customers that reflect the customer’s current service agreement. * Roster or schedule direct support, as far as possible, so that it best matches customer and worker in terms of skills, interests and capability.
- Where required, monitor and adjust planned rosters and schedules, based on the NDIA plan, the service agreement, customer feedback and complaints.
- Participate in supervision and team meetings
- Actively contribute to continuous quality improvement
- As required, provide reports to the manager or their delegate
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Certificate II in administration or business studies or equivalent
- Current driver’s license
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in working both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities and delivering outcomes within agreed timeframes and quality standards
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Working knowledge of workforce management principles, HSE, awards and roster optimisation
- The ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with a range of stakeholders to optimise the best fit workforce for customers
- Ability to support organisation-wide initiatives that support Life Without Barriers’ Purpose and Values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use Data Bases and Microsoft Office suite of programs, for example, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and an ability to think laterally and use initiative
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest Social Purpose organisations
- Attractive Remuneration Package with excellent tax benefits
- Monthly RDO
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the APPLY button below and follow the screen prompts.
For any queries please email email@example.com using the subject line: Roster Coordinator - Aged Care - Darwin enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)