About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 8000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for managing a passionate team of Disability Support Workers across the Kimberley, whilst ensuring that the individual needs of clients are met. You will use your organisational and leadership skills to guide your team in providing high standards of supports and services to our disability clients.
In addition to managing staff, a large proportion of the role will be administrative including rostering, updating client information in our database, tracking incidents and claiming for services.
Based in our Broome office, the role will be offered on a permanent full-time basis, hours will be Monday to Friday. The role comes with a laptop and mobile phone.
It is a requirement for this role to be part of the Disability Management On-Call rotating roster.
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of support services, including the provision of formal supervision and management of a team of Disability Support Workers.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders including clients, families and guardians.
- Coordinate rosters alongside our Roster Officers to support clients requirements according to individual support needs, service funding and relevant legislation.
- Ensure the team complies with Disability Services Act Standards, other relevant legislation and Life Without Barriers policies.
- Manage conflict, provide coaching and developing opportunities and address performance issues within your team.
- Administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to; Claiming for services, develop and maintain client plans, database management
- Managing critical incidence as they arise including debriefing and engaging with internal support functions
- Where required provide direct assistance and support to people with disability.
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in a relevant Social & Community Services qualification (e.g. Psychology, Mental Health, Counselling).
- Experience managing/supervising staff in the Community Services sector.
- Strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills.
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex needs and behaviours of concern.
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents.
- High level communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Work in a challenging and rewarding role
- Competitive salary with excellent tax benefits and remote living allowance
- Monthly Rostered Day Off
- Career progression opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Team Leader - Disability - Broome enquiry via EthicalJobs.