- 12-month maximum term contract with the potential for extension
- Located in our Unley office and working across the metropolitan Adelaide
- Flexible working arrangements
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We partner with people (including those with a disability, in out of home care, experiencing homelessness, drug and alcohol misuse, who may suffer mental illness, are refugees and older persons) to change lives for the better.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This newly created role is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Support Coordination and Recovery Coach services and will ensure that our supports are delivered to NDIS participants independent from other organisational supports, allowing each participant full choice and control over the services implemented for them.
- Lead the practice of our Support Co-ordinators and Recovery Coaches and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of the team, including managing service agreements, delivery of client value, claiming and ensuring we achieve our operational and financial objectives as defined through the business strategy.
- Formal supervision of a team including reflective practice coaching and mentoring.
- Provide coaching and developing opportunities, manage conflict and address performance issues within your team.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders, including families.
- Provide a reflective framework for the continued improvement of support and service provided for our clients.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary level qualification in human services or similar.
- Strong coordination, leadership, and peer support skills.
- High level communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills.
- A sound understanding of the NDIS framework and legislative principles.
- Demonstrated experience working within the recovery framework and overseeing a lived experience workforce.
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex needs and circumstances, in particular psychosocial disability.
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Current Driver’s License.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Check and Disability Services Employment Screening or NDIS Check.
- Competitive base salary + Tool of Trade Vehicle + 10% super
- Excellent salary sacrificing tax benefits incl. Meal Entertainment, novated leasing
- A mobile phone, laptop, rostered day off per month
- Discounted - health insurance, vehicle purchase, hire and servicing; and more
- Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter addressing the skills and experience requirements combined in one document, click 'Apply' and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Team Leader, NDIS Support Coordination enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.