Live & Learn makes a difference. We’re a small, effective network of community development offices throughout Asia and the Pacific that implements community-based development projects focused on climate resilience, nature-based solutions, inclusion and wellbeing. Live & Learn produces various publications that are used throughout the South Pacific and elsewhere to enable practical action in climate resilience, environmental protection, water and sanitation, and community health.
In this role, you will be working within a vibrant team on the following tasks:
- Researching and developing engaging short and long-form content that demonstrates the impact of our work
- Copywriting website landing pages, social media posts, newsletters and other writing tasks, as required
- Planning and coordinating website and social media content
- Creating short videos that demonstrate the impact of our work or contribute to community training activities
- Assisting with simple, in-house graphic design
- Assisting in the maintenance of photo and video databases
- Contributing to and executing content strategy and creating a high standard of content across a wide range of platforms
- Contributing to the production of Live & Learn publications.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will thrive in this position if you have:
- Demonstrated cultural connections or relationships with Indigenous cultures, particularly in the South Pacific
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, advertising or related field
- Passion for the environment, climate resilience, international development, social justice and advocacy
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in copywriting and content development, preferably from the community services sector
- A proven track record in research, writing and editing for a variety of stakeholders and audience types to publication level, including strong writing and proof-reading skills
- Video and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience in building trustful and positive working relationships with teams in remote locations
- Willingness to be available to deal with the media and travel internationally.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Access to highly skilled, passionate team members dedicated to working with our South Pacific partners towards a future of a thriving planet
- Strategic and technical support in our Melbourne office
- The opportunity to make a practical difference to the lives of South Pacific communities, and a practical difference in climate change solutions and resilience
- A great work-life balance, including flexible working hours and working arrangements
- A work culture that encourages practical engagement and opportunities to innovate and explore opportunities
- Range of benefits of working for a not-for-profit organisation, including salary packaging
- The opportunity to travel in the South Pacific and South East Asia.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both. At Live & Learn we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and South Pacific applicants for all advertised positions.
At Live & Learn we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. This position also requires that you have a Working with Children check. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct.
Learn more about Live & Learn and our work at: livelearn.org.