- Location: Liverpool
- Work type: Full-Time (38 hours per week)
- Salary: SCHCADS level 5 with salary sacrifice options available and above award conditions
- The position is until December 2022 with the possibility of an extension
- For further information or questions please contact Kim on Kim@wsmrc.org.au, using the subject line: Economic Inclusion Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
ABOUT WESTERN SYDNEY MRC:
Western Sydney MRC is a not-for-profit organisation working with newly arrived migrants, refugees, and diverse communities. We champion our diverse community to be empowered, informed, and connected.
We provide a range of programs including settlement support, family services, playgroups, disability and mental health supports, youth activities, and a variety of information-based sessions community leadership programs.
Further information about the organisation can be found at www.wsmrc.org.au.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a new position working as part of a dedicated service team. We are looking to welcome a values-driven individual who can lead the program to success and have a significant impact in the local community.
In this role you will:
- Directly support the development, implementation and delivery of The Milivelihood Initiative (and similar future projects) to assist vulnerable refugee and migrant women to increase economic participation. This includes:
- Develop relationships with local employers to obtain work experience placements for participants
- Coordinate and deliver Group-based sessions on Australian workplace, resume writing, job search and interview skills, industry excursion and excursions
- Provide one-on-one support to participants to achieve employment and training outcomes
- Manage women's mentoring program
- Develop relationships with local childcare centres for short term placements while women are on work experience
- Day to day supervision of a small team of staff including setting and managing the work priorities to meet their required targets, outputs and KPIs; providing training and regular supervision.
- Support managers and staff to ensure that activities and services are implemented and coordinated effectively, evaluated and evolve to meet the needs of clients.
- Qualifications in a relevant field such as Employment Services, Community services or social work
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in the community services or employment sector
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in working with CALD clients to achieve employment outcomes and/or address barriers to employment
- Great stakeholder management skills with demonstrated experience in working with employers to obtain work experience placement for participants.
- Demonstrated capacity leading teams including providing supervision, training and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to support compliance and completing reporting to funding bodies
- High level Demonstrated written and interpersonal communication skills
- Skill and experience in developing, implementing and coordinating programs and projects
- Valid NSW Driver’s License and Access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Able to supply a Working with Children’s Check and suitable Police Clearance
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills in a community language is desirable