Lock the Gate Alliance (www.lockthegate.org.au) is a community group spread across rural and regional communities spanning the country, working together with supporters in urban areas.
The charity has a vision of healthy, empowered communities which have fair, democratic processes available to them to protect land, water and climate, and deliver sustainable solutions to food and energy needs.
Lock the Gate is seeking an experienced, organised and compassionate human resources minded coordinator to drive our Organisational Support role and complement our hard working teams across the country.
The Organisational Support Coordinator ensures Lock the Gate provides a supportive and healthy environment for its staff and contractors to help maximise their effectiveness in coordination and outreach roles.
This role will assist the Operations Coordinator in on-boarding new Lock the Gate staff and contractors, encouraging them to engage with campaign strategy, policies and processes. You will also provide ongoing support to individual team members’ workplace health, safety and development.
The Organisational Support Coordinator supports the development of Lock the Gate’s organisational policies and processes, including identifying policy needs, writing and updating policies and processes, managing human resource issues and supporting our staff across the country.
This is a Full time position, initially on a 12 month employment contract with the likelihood of renewal / extension.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Convene the operations team of Lock the Gate, working with the Finance Coordinator, the Operations Coordinator and National Coordinator.
- Implement, manage and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs and conduct staff training.
- Develop, review and update policies, position descriptions, processes and systems (including staff handbook) and implement appropriate actions.
- Monitor and resolve and/or mediate human resources issues and manage employee performance issues where required.
- Participate in staff recruitment processes, onboarding of new staff, retention of existing team members and exit interviews.
- Design, update and implement organisational policies and procedures that promote Lock the Gate’s vision and a safe and inclusive workplace, in collaboration with the operations team, National Coordinators and the board.
- Regularly check in with all Lock the Gate employees, providing ongoing support and encouragement and promoting wellbeing of staff and the organisation.
- Work with the staff to implement Lock the Gate’s strategic plan, particularly in relation to organisational strategies.
- Participate in and support the board’s Governance and Compliance Committee in ensuring that all relevant standards are implemented in relation to charitable requirements.
- Work with the Operations Coordinator in facilitating training opportunities for staff.
- Periodically review practises and procedures against relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Support information management across Lock the Gate.
- At least three years experience in a Human Resources related role.
- Practical knowledge of workplace health and safety management and related legislation.
- Ability to use initiative, think laterally and solve problems.
- High level interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in writing for the creation of procedures, reports, correspondence and other material.
- Well organised and skilled in implementing simple and effective processes
- Comfortable working within a geographically distributed team environment.
- Experience in a non-government organisations
- You are based in – Brisbane / Sydney / Regional NSW or QLD, although other locations will be considered.
- Able to work from home, although there is an option to work from an office depending upon your location
Lock the Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures and abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information please contact John via email (email@example.com, using the subject line: Organisation Support Coordinator - Australia-wide enquiry via EthicalJobs) or phone - 0407 632 864.