Are you passionate about nutrition? Are you interested in experiencing life in a remote Aboriginal community? Do you enjoy working with children? If the answer is YES, then read on...
The vacancy is in our school canteen. The successful candidate would be able to start ASAP.
LACS is a K - 12 school in Ltyentye Apurte / Santa Teresa, a medium-sized Aboriginal Catholic community located 82 KM south east of Alice Springs. There are 45 staff and an enrolment of approximately 145 students. Staff members live in close proximity to each other and the school. The standard of accommodation is good.
- Manage the preparation of nutritious meals (breakfast, morning tea and lunch) from the school canteen;
- Provide the above meals to students each teaching day of the school year;
- Supervise, mentor and train staff in kitchen operations, food preparation and safe food handling techniques in accordance with health & hygiene regulations and the NT Food Act;
- Build the capacity of assistant kitchen staff at all times;
- Manage and maintain appropriate food stocks and catering supplies;
- Prepare and provide meal plans (menus) that provide variety and are culturally appropriate for the students;
- Liaise with NT DoH nutritionists to determine healthy menu plans and compliance with the NT DoE’s School Nutrition & Healthy Eating Policy and Guidelines;
- Provide meals for visitors and family / community members on special occasions as approved by the Principal;
- Provide meals for staff members where such staff are contributing to the cost of their meals;
- Ensure that the cleaning and maintenance of the canteen and its utensils is carried out to a high standard in order to comply with the Australian Food Safety Assessment and the NT Food Act.
- Work in collaboration with the Business Manager and the CENT SNP Project Manager to operate the School Nutrition Program and School Canteen within the identified budget and reporting regime.
- Record meal numbers and menu for submission to the Principal and CENT SNP Project Manager
- Liaise with NT DoH and Environmental Health Officers in meeting Australian Food Safety assessmen
- Any other duties assigned by the Principal, Deputy Principal or SNP Project Manager.
- Current Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card).
- Commit to and support Catholic ethos of the School and comply with CENT’s Code of Conduct.
- Commitment to ensure compliance and adherence to the National Catholic safeguarding Standards to build child-safe cultures and to advance the safety of children and vulnerable adults.
- Be a team player with a positive, collaborative approach to being at LACS and a strong desire to improve outcomes for students and build the capacity of Arrernte staff.
- Subject to qualifications and experience;
- In accordance with the Catholic Schools (NT) Collective Enterprise Agreement for School Officers.
For more information on the school visit:
School Website http://www.lacecnt.catholic.edu.au
School Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/LtyentyeApurteCEC/
ABOUT CATHOLIC EDUCATION NT
Teaching over 5000 students across the NT in five Aboriginal Schools, nine Primary Schools and three Colleges. Head office is located in Berrimah. Catholic schools offer a high quality, yet affordable education alternative. Our broad academic curriculum is taught in a inclusive, faith filled learning community. Catholic schools use the latest technology. We focus on cutting edge evidence based research to teach students skills for tomorrows world . Our focus is to teach the whole child practical life skills like persistence, problem solving and getting along. Catholic Schools encourage creativity and sustainability. You will be working as part of a highly motivated team of teachers. Supported by specialist teachers, inclusion support advisors, psychologists, counsellors, occupational and speech therapists as well as our school management, HR and financial services.
Interested applicants are invited to make enquiries with Justin Colley, Principal, LACS. Telephone (08) 8956 0937.