Mangrove Housing is a Tier 2 registered Community Housing provider and a registered charity that offers individually tailored services and supports to over 1,200 people in need each year. We have been assisting South East Queensland communities find affordable housing through the delivery of homes and person-centred support services for over 28 years.
Mangrove Housing is a proud member of the Mangrove Group of Companies, an initiative that harnessing the power of partnerships to provide high quality, end to end property services while supporting community housing projects.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Payable Officer coordinates the end to end tasks of the accounts payable function to ensure invoices are processed promptly and accurately.
Role Tasks include:
- Receiving and processing invoices and matching to purchase orders
- End to end processing of the accounts payable function
- Managing payment of invoices within due dates
- Management of outstanding invoices and reconciliation of statements
- Processing general expenses including tenant recharges, employee reimbursements, credit cards and petty cash
- Management of the supplier master file
- Assisting with continuous improvement across the accounts payable processes
- Filing, archiving and other record keeping tasks
- Preparing and providing a range of financial reports and documents
- Providing support and training to other finance staff on accounts payable processes
- Providing backup and assisting to the team on general Finance Officer duties.
Requirements of the Role – Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum three (3) years experience in an accounts payable role. Formal qualifications would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team in a multi-service organisation.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and financial software eg. MYOB AccountRight or similar business system.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, prioritising and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage and contribute proactively as a member of a team.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience within a not-for-profit/charitable organisation
- Experience and/or understanding of the community housing sector
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check.
To apply, please submit your resume and your responses to the role’s key selection criteria by clicking the Apply Now button.
For further information, please contact Brendan Goebel via email@example.com using the subject line: Accounts Payable Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.