Our Microenterprise Development (MED) Managers work within their regions, supporting people to start, stay and thrive in business. We journey with our clients as they develop their businesses and their business skills. Some of the role’s responsibilities will include
- Identifying and working with clients that require micro and small business finance to establish their business activities,
- Actively journeying with clients, offering encouragement as they develop business skills and repay their loans; offering assistance & coaching in areas of business development needs, business plans, capacity, and cash flow,
- Managing client loan applications and preparing loan credit committee recommendations,
- Promoting microenterprise development within your region, establishing relationships with Indigenous and community leaders, building trusted networks with related organisations and associations
- Working with designated key performance indicators and targets
- Assessing client's motivation, capacity, and determination to start, stay and thrive in their business
- Ensuring a responsible lending approach and assist clients with loan application, preparing for and attending credit committees
About Many Rivers
Inspired by Christian values, Many Rivers is a for-purpose organisation that provides Microenterprise Development (MED) and Community Economic Development (CED) support to Indigenous and other Australians who want to access the economy however for various reasons, lack the financial or practical business support to do so.
Our purpose is to walk alongside individuals and communities over the long term, offering accessible business development support, products and services. With this support individuals and communities can regain control of their financial future, reduce personal stress, move away from welfare dependency, provide for their families and contribute more productively to society.
Who We Are Looking For?
Our MED Managers have experience working with individuals or groups in various communities, are experts financial and organisational management and can lead strategic/business/organisational planning and have maybe had their own successful business.
Those skills will help you to excel in the position:
- Alignment to Many Rivers' Mission and Objectives (see our website for more information)
- Share Many Rivers' motivation and commitment to serve people from all walks of life
- Impeccable integrity, trust, respect, stewardship and commitment to people in disadvantaged circumstances
- Tertiary qualifications through TAFE / university, in business, finance, or community development(preferred)
- The ability to work with cashflows and interpret financial information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, incl. highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to relate with a wide range of people, in a variety of setting
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Current driver’s licence and a freedom to travel as frequent intra-regional travel is required
Need more information?
Our talented Business Development team have compiled a YouTube video that tells you a little more about the work of an MED Manager. See below!
Visit our website for a full position description - www.manyrivers.org.au