- Location: Melbourne
- Salary: $85,000 per annum pro-rata.
- Term: Full time to December 2022 with a view to renewal dependent on performance and funding availability. We will consider candidates wishing to work four days per week.
- Position reports to: Research Coordinator
SUMMARY OF KEY TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Investigate companies and deliver analysis supporting the campaigns of Market Forces and our partners,
- Develop, manage and maintain the databases and other source material that underpins Market Forces’ campaigns and those of our partner organisations,
- Identify campaign opportunities evident from research work and assist in the development of tactics,
- Manage incoming research requests from external organisations,
- Represent Market Forces in meetings with stakeholders, campaign targets and to public audiences directly and via media channels.
SELECTION CRITERIA (essential):
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a data analysis, company research, or other equivalent position.
- Passion for environmental issues and motivation to create positive change for the environment from the financial sector.
- Experience working or volunteering in a campaigning / non-government organisation context.
- Highly analytical, curious, and meticulously detail-oriented.
- Experience scrutinising others’ work with a view to ensuring the final product is of exceptionally high quality.
- Skilled and comfortable with data management, and especially proficient in spreadsheet / database software.
SELECTION CRITERIA (desirable):
- Experience using financial research platforms such as Refinitiv Eikon, Bloomberg Professional and/or IJGlobal.
- A background in commerce, business, economics or finance.
LOGISTICS AND EXPENSES
Our main office is in Melbourne but the potential for this role to be conducted remotely means we invite applicants from around Australia. Market Forces is supporting its staff to work from home during COVID-19 restrictions and this will extend to the successful applicant.