- Location: Melbourne - however we invite applicants from across Australia.
- Salary: $85,000 p.a. pro-rata. As a four-day per week position, the salary will be $68,000.
- Term: Four days per week to December 2022 with a view to renewal dependent on performance and funding availability.
- Position reports to: Digital Campaigner
About the role:
The Digital Content Coordinator works with our campaigns, communications and research teams to produce and publish content across Market Forces’ websites and other digital communications channels, and ensure that the content we host online is kept up to date.
The role will also be responsible for setting up web forms and other digital tools that enable our supporters to take action and will work with the communications team to develop new website projects, ensuring that our audiences are as informed and empowered as possible to support our campaigns.
We’re looking for someone with a great eye for design, meticulous attention to detail, and an ability to communicate concepts to a variety of audiences with varying levels of expertise across visual and written formats.
Summary of key tasks and duties:
- Work with the Digital Campaigner and Website Manager to ensure Market Forces’ websites perform in line with agreed objectives.
- Provide support to the communications team to achieve growth and impact objectives as set for Market Forces.
- Work with campaigners to manage, design, publish, and update content on Market Forces’ websites.
- Work with the Digital Campaigner to improve website user experience and design.
- Design new websites and work with the Website Manager and Digital Campaigner to set up and manage them.
- Set up and test forms and other types of digital actions on Market Forces’ websites.
- Produce and publish images and graphic design for use on Market Forces’ websites.
- Assist with publishing content on and managing social media accounts.
Selection criteria (essential):
- Passion for protecting the environment and winning campaigns
- Exceptional written, visual, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using email marketing programs and/or CRMs
- Strong graphic design skills
- Experience using web content management systems (WordPress preferred)
- Understands user experience / user interface design (UX / UI) principles
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Comfortable with conditional logic problems such as email list segmentation
Selection criteria (desirable):
- Experience with data visualisation and/or demonstrated ability to creatively visualise and present data in a web format
- Experience with applying Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) principles to improve website search performance
- Experience writing engaging web copy that drives supporters to take action OR experience simplifying complex information for web copy