Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from migrant and refugee backgrounds. We advocate and educate to strengthen the health, wellbeing, safety, and leadership of migrant and refugee women in Australia.
MCWH works together with migrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities, and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity, and improve health and wellbeing for migrant and refugee women.
The purpose of the Finance & Administration Officer is to support the finance and administration services of the MCWH organisation.
In line with the exceptions and exemptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH actively seeks to employ women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds.
This role is a fixed-term, full-time role scheduled to end 15 December 2022. The applicant must be ready to commence work no later than 02 May 2022.
- Process financial transactions and journals;
- Process accounts payable and receivable, including data entry of invoices, credit notes, adjustments, reconciliation, payments, and follow up overdue accounts;
- Prepare general ledger balance sheet reconciliations and investigate variances monthly;
- Reconcile and report bank account, credit card and general ledger accounts;
- Prepare and distribute monthly project profit loss reports;
- Prepare regulatory submissions (quarterly BAS, monthly IAS);
- Assist with cashflow monitoring and financial acquittal preparation;
- Assist with the preparation of tasks for year-end associated with the annual external audit;
- Assist with the Annual Budget preparation process; and
- Perform other financial tasks where required.
- Process fortnightly payroll & related reconciliations and reporting;
- Administer MCWH internal salary packaging program; and
- Prepare regulatory submissions (quarterly superannuation & LSL returns, annual Workcover rateable remuneration return).
- Conduct Operations administration activities relating to:
- IT and phone system
- Property, motor vehicle and information management
- travel and gift cards and cab charge vouchers
- organisational rosters and registers
- risk management;
- Support staff with IT and phone help desk queries and other IT admin tasks as required;
- Manage office supplies and administration areas including central printer/copier;
- Maintain the central filing system (both hard copy and electronic);
- Support the implementation of COVID safe office procedures; and
- Other administrative and reception duties as required.
- Provide finance and administration support to a high standard and with attention to detail in line with MCWH Policies and Procedures;
- Support process improvements and related projects; and
- Adhere to internal controls, checks and balances for MCWH Operations Department processes.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an accounting role;
- Payroll processing experience (small to medium payroll);
- Xero or similar financial package and Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player; and
- Current drivers’ licence.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, migrant and refugee women’s health from a feminist perspective’ and/or
- Fluency in a relevant community language.
- The candidate must be able to work from home and a hybrid working from home/office arrangement may be possible/necessary;
- A satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children check may be required; and
- Up to date COVID vaccinated (unless a medical exemption applies).
A position description is attached.
Applications will close when the positions are filled.