- Hours: Casual
- Rate: $33.48/hr
- Status: Casual
- Location: Melbourne, Sydney
What we do
The Australian Energy Foundation is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. We accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action.
Through our energy expertise, tenacity, and partnerships, we:
- Demonstrate the pathways to a zero carbon society.
- Influence and inspire to build understanding, investment and action.
- Deliver solutions that have a positive impact.
We are practical visionaries; a national for-purpose organisation whose work benefits all Australians.
What you will do
- Deliver high quality customer service in the area of energy advice
- CRM systems maintenance
- Evaluation and reporting
- General administration
What an average week might look like
- Provide advice and information to customers and project participants over the phone and by email around energy efficiency and renewable energy for the home
- Liaise with partners on customer issues
- Maintain relevant policies, procedures and systems for the successful delivery of the program
- Generate reports from the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to distribute to partners and management
- Support the team to track and monitor progress of project milestones and deadlines
How you will make an impact
Provide high quality service to customers, project participants, delivery partners and the project team for several programs, designed to influence and inspire our clients and their communities to build understanding, investment and take action to transition to a zero carbon society.
You will have:
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to adapt communications to identified need and discuss complex concepts in relatable language.
- Ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, including engaging with vulnerable members of our community, in a respectful manner.
- Previous experience in a customer service or call centre environment with a demonstrated commitment to quality customer service.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines both collaboratively and without direct supervision.
- Good knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and the capacity to quickly learn new systems.
- Knowledge of the energy market, current practices and technological developments in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency.
What’s in it for you
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
- A versatile work environment with flexible hours and the ability to work from home
- Individual learning and development plans to assist in your career progression
- Pet friendly work environment, with the ability to bring your dog to work
- Additional annual leave options including paid leave over Christmas and the ability to purchase extra leave
- A Health & Wellbeing Program with access to EAP
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Dhruv Iyer, Accounts Team Leader at Dhruv.Iyer@aef.com.au, using the subject line: Energy Advice Centre Energy Advisor - Melbourne / Sydney enquiry via EthicalJobs.
AEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at AEF. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community.