The Donor Services Officer is an important point of contact between Mercy Ships Australia (MSAU) and the general public, supporters, and volunteers. The role is primarily responsible for inbound and outbound telephone communications and assisting the Donor Services Department with data entry and processing.
This position is integral to the success of supporter stewardship and aims to ensure that all interactions with new or existing supporters embody Mercy Ships values and standards.
The Donor Services Officer is responsible for developing positive relationships with a number of external and internal stakeholders as follows:
- MSAU Supporters (including individuals, families, foundations, corporations, churches, schools and clubs)
- MSAU Volunteers and Alumni
The role is four days per week with required flexibility to work five days during busy periods.
The key responsibilities:
- Deal directly with the general public, supporters, and volunteers by telephone and email
- Respond to supporter enquiries and issues and where possible resolve any issues at the point of contact
- Undertake outbound calls to new regular supports to affirm their engagement
- Organise work-flow to meet supporter response timeframes
- Direct requests and/or unresolved issues to the designated staff member within MSAU
- Help update and manage a database of supporters including individuals, families, foundations, corporates, churches, schools, clubs etc
- Help process day-to-day and regular donations in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner
- Provide accurate data entry and file maintenance
- Minimum two years’ experience in customer service/sales roles including telephone and face-to-face contact
- Excellent verbal, written customer-centric communication skills and listening skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated skills in building constructive relationships
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Highly developed ability to understand all stakeholders and their needs
- High level of time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Ability to handle high pressure and heavy workloads from time-to-time
- High level organisational and administrative skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database software
- Salesforce CRM experience is desirable
- An understanding and commitment to the Christian values and ethos of the organisation
Mercy Ships is an international humanitarian organisation with roots in the Christian faith. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for the poorest people of Africa through the provision of free health care and development aid using our hospital ship and in-field clinics.
The Australian national office of Mercy Ships is based in Caloundra, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast.
Please follow the Apply Now instructions below.