About Migration Council Australia
Migration Council Australia (MCA) is a national not-for-profit body that provides strategic research and policy advice in relation to migration, settlement and social cohesion.
MCA works across sectors to promote effective participation of migrants and refugees.
In addition to the research and policy development work, MCA facilitates national strategies and programs that focus on:
- Effective settlement or migrants and refugees
- Access to health care for migrants and refugees
- Access to justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and migrants and refugees
- Empowerment and representation of migrant and refugee women
- Prevention of gender-based violence in migrant and refugee communities
- Communication and engagement with migrant and refugee communities
About the position
The successful applicant will be required to work as part of MCA’s social policy team.
- Develop literature reviews, prepare policy reports, undertake data analysis and provide policy advice across a range of social policy areas.
- Contribute to the design and development of existing and new programs.
- Carry out other relevant duties as requested by supervisor.
The mix of activities in this role varies in accordance with work priorities and can shift from week to week. Flexibility, versatility and resourcefulness are essential in our small team. Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail are key.
Key selection criteria
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in social policy, law or related discipline.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Well-developed conceptual and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of varied projects.
- Self-motivation and ability to deal with a high level of responsibility.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively within a small team.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the issues of migrants and refugees.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector.