Multicultural Services Centre (MSC) is an established specialist provider of community services to culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) Western Australians. MSC has been supporting migrants and refugees for over 40 years inline without vision of an inclusive society that values diversity.
About the Opportunity
MSC is seeking to employ experienced and committed Support Workers (SW) to work in our:
- Home Care Program (HCP) which supports older customers with a home care package.
- Disability Services Program (DSP) which supports participants with a disability and/or psychosocial diagnosis who are funded by NDIS.
Support provided includes:
- In home support including personal care.
- Support to attend medical and allied health appointments.
- Support to complete daily activities and tasks.
- Accessing the community including social and recreation groups.
We are looking for people that are:
- Can build a positive supportive relationship with the people being supported.
- Are committed to a person-centred approach in their work.
- Are passionate about supporting people
- Can speak multiple languages with a current need of Italian, Hindi and Cantonese speaking staff.
Specific regions and support need we are seeking to employ include:
- SW supporting aged individuals in the Midland to Mundaring area. Support provided will require personal care, manual handling and other in-home support tasks. Possibility of part time work for suitable candidate. Training can be provided for suitable candidate.
- Experienced SW’s needed to support individuals in the Mosman Park and surrounding areas, experience supporting individuals with psychosocial needs is highly desired.
- Highly desirable – Certificate in individualised support, disability and/or aged care.
- Previous experience working in Aged Care and Disability is highly desirable.
- Ability to engage and work from a respective framework for people/families supported.
- An understanding and/or experience of the needs of people from CaLD backgrounds;
- Valid WA driver’s licence and a reliable private vehicle;
- Prepared to obtain required police clearances for relevant program area.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative.
Applications close on 21 June at 5pm WA time. MSC reserves the right to commence the recruitment process with suitable applicants prior to the closing date.