MSI Asia Pacific is part of the MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership. The global partnership was founded in 1976 around a central mission: children by choice, not chance, and currently works across 37 countries.
We are the support office for MSI Reproductive Choices in the Asia Pacific region, providing sexual and reproductive health information, education and services that enable people to choose their own futures. We support ongoing programs in Cambodia, Papua New Guinea and Timor-Leste, and shorter-term projects in Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Vietnam.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to come onboard the team on a part-time (0.8 FTE) basis. This would be based out of the Support Office located in the Melbourne CBD with Hybrid working arrangements.
Pay rate: 85,000-90,000k + Super.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the month-end close process and prepare the monthly MSIAP regional support office financial reports and associated commentary
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Act as administrator for MSIAP bank accounts and ensure that cash flow is managed effectively to meet all programmatic and operational needs
- Preparation of the annual statutory financial statement working file and coordination of the annual external audit process
- Coordination of the regional support office annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Ensure finance and procurement policies are in line with global policies and policy compliant processes are clearly communicated to MSIAP staff
Our ideal candidate:
- A pro- choice advocate who is willing the champion the organisations mission
- A relevant degree, ICAA/CPA membership is desirable
- 4+ years’ experience in an accounting role that has responsibility for the month-end reporting process, coordinating budgeting and forecasting processes, and managing the annual audit processes
- Experience working for an Australian INGO (desirable)
- Excellent IT skills, including Advanced Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, SUN systems (desirable).
- Strong organisational skills, demonstrating an ability to meet tight deadlines and fluctuating workloads.
- Non for profit salary packaging
- Flexible working arrangements
- A caring and inclusive team
- Supportive employee assistance program
MSIAP is a child-safe organisation and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation abuse and harassment. All successful applicants will be required to abide by our Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct and our Global Code of Conduct in addition to undergoing a police check prior to commencement.