My Way Community Alliance is a friendly, welcoming and socially responsible community organisation. We provide NDIS, Disability, youth and elderly support services. Our vision and mission is to support meaningful, valued and contributing roles for all West Australians.
My Way allied health services will improve people’s health and well-being through access to quality services and by supporting people to look after their own health and have access to mobility aids to increase their independence.
This position works in partnership to provide effective leadership, governance, strategic planning, and operational management of the allied health services in My Way.
The Manager of Allied Health is responsible for supporting all allied health staff to provide high-quality and efficient patient care consistent with My Way policies and procedures, NDIS quality and safeguards commission, Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, and performance frameworks.
Why you should be interested in applying:
- My Way Community Alliance is a vibrant and growing community multicultural organisation.
- We are a boutique organisation with strong values and culture.
- We offer flexible start and finish times, which makes it family-friendly.
- We have Full Salary Packaging, which means that you ultimately benefit from a higher take-home pay. Includes novated lease.
- An Employee Assistance Program, which is always a good benefit to have.
- Free parking in a secure complex for peace of mind.
- Attractive reimbursement for transport allowance.
- Fulfilment, meaning and personal satisfaction with the knowledge that you are making a positive difference in society.
- Ongoing training and personal development to hone your leadership skills.
- Coordinate the Allied Health Services: Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work and Psychology.
- Plan, prioritise, develop, coordinate, and evaluate Acute Allied Health care services
- Facilitate the effective functioning of the Allied Health team through appropriate supervision, mentoring, reflective practice, clinical and professional reasoning, performance development and staff development
- Lead transformation and service improvement agendas across allied health service, working closely with all stakeholders
- Operationally manage and lead the allied health service, fostering a culture of cooperation, professional performance, and accountability to ensure the service meets all targets and objectives.
- Lead the delivery of and ensure the allied health service meet and exceed all national and state safety, quality and performance targets and standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Social Work, and registration with the Occupational Therapy Board or the Physiotherapy Board of Australia, or eligible for full membership in the Dieticians Association of Australia as an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD), or the Australian Association of Social Workers or the Society of Professional Social Workers, or eligible for full membership of Speech Pathology Australia (SPA).
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, implement and evaluate clinical and allied health care programs
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated advanced conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary quality and risk management principles and ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Current knowledge of relevant legislation, policy, and practice in the areas of Equal Opportunity, NDIS, Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current health industry issues and policy or compliance driving allied health service delivery under NDIS quality and safeguards Commission, Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Possession of or progress towards post-graduate qualifications in professional area, or other relevant field – for example, healthcare leadership and management, business administration or public health
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of NDIS and Aged Care services
- Knowledge and understanding of hospital, community, and home care allied health services.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.