The National Landcare Network
The National Landcare Network is the peak representative body for community Landcare groups across Australia. It advocates for the community Landcare movement to enable it to continue its essential work building resilient and productive landscapes and protecting our natural environment.
The National Landcare Network is seeking an experienced and skilled program manager to oversee and implement the $14 million Landcare-led Bushfire Recovery Program. The Program is an Australian Government funded collaboration between the National Landcare Network and Landcare Australia to engage, mobilise and assist local Landcare communities to:
- enhance the recovery and maximise the resilience of fire-affected native species, ecological communities, and natural assets within seven priority regions (see position description for detail).
- build capacity for better delivery of environmental bushfire recovery projects;
- increase engagement and participation of local Landcare groups, landholders and others in bushfire recovery activities in the priority regions.
The successful applicant will have substantial experience and skills in managing large conservation, Landcare or similar grant programs, and a strong understanding of the community Landcare sector.
- Administer and drive the Landcare Bushfire Recovery program.
- Support the NLN CEO and the Program Management Committee in delivering the program.
- Establish priorities and criteria for the program.
- Develop and maintain program accountability, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Develop and implement grant application processes , and assist with the assessment of project proposals.
- Oversee and authorise project media and communications.
- Assist project proponents to deliver on time and within budget.
- Prepare program progress and final reports to the satisfaction of the program funder.
- Maintain and report financial records for the program.
- Work collaboratively with state and territory Landcare bodies, Landcare Australia, other program applicants and delivery partners in delivering these functions.
- Apply the values of the NLN and comply with NLN policies and procedures.
- Remote/work from home
- Location negotiable.
- May be filled by an employment agreement, services agreement or secondment.
- Domestic travel will be required.
- Role commences immediately and terminates in July 2022.
If you wish for further information, please contact email@example.com, using the subject line: Program Manager, Landcare led Bushfire Recovery Program enquiry via EthicalJobs.