“Full citizenship for all people living with mental health issues in Australian society”
About the Role
- Part Time (2x0.8FTE and 1x0.4FTE) roles
- Permanent Position
- HPSS Award Level 3 or Nurses Award Level 3. Salary between 96k - 111k + super + salary packaging
- Location: Head to Heath service Geelong
The Head to Health Geelong (HTHG) centre is an exciting new service which provides the Geelong community an alternative service to attend when experiencing mental health crisis. Service delivery will reflect principals of Trauma Informed Care and Recovery Oriented practice.
The Mental Health Clinical Leads are exciting roles responsible for leading clinicians to deliver high quality services to guests experiencing mental health crisis presenting to Head to Health Geelong.
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse or Mental Health credentialed Allied Health worker, the Clinical Lead will draw on their discipline skills to oversee Clinicians in their engagement with the guests (consumers), the guest’s treatment team, Neami and partner associate staff and family/friends/carers.
The HTHG centre will operate in accordance with a 7 day per week rotating roster which may include a late morning and afternoon /evening shifts to service operational requirements.
What will you bring?
- Provide clinical oversight for and positive leadership of the clinical mental health team
- Facilitate a strong clinical governance culture within the team, where each practitioner takes responsibility for their own decision making and quality improvement activities (including leading internal audits & external accreditation requirements)
- Experience working across a range of Commonwealth and State funded mental health programs and ensuring program implementation in line with funding requirements and contracts
- Assess and screen referrals using appropriate tools, policies and procedures.
- Participate in psychiatric assessment with clients where appropriate.
- Neami National will require, as part of our condition of employment, that all candidates applying for any position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (or have received one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine and have a scheduled appointment to receive their second dose.)
- Candidates will be required to provide appropriate evidence of COVID-19 vaccination to Neami National.
- Formal tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or Occupational Therapy or Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Accredited registration with a professional governing body such as AHPRA, ACA, AASW
- Current Vic Working with Children Check
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Willingness to undergo a Disability Worker’s Exclusion Scheme (DWES) Check
Why work with us?
Neami offers its staff a variety of incentives, such as:
- Being a part of a new and innovative way of supporting people in a Mental Health Crisis:
- Philosophy of Care – Focus on innovative and trauma informed service provision underpinned by a philosophy co-designed with people with a lived experience of mental health
- Calm and respectful environment
- Team approach – multi-disciplinary, inclusive of all voices (including the lived experience), learn from each other
- Internationally recognised model
- High profile service
- ongoing comprehensive Learning and Development training
- We are looking for people committed to changing the way people experience a mental health crisis are supported
- Development and career growth opportunities within HTHG and Neami more broadly
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply:
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, then please apply before the close date.
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the attached position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Mick Jones – Clinical Service Manager – 0447 042 367 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Clinical Lead - Head to Health Geelong enquiry via EthicalJobs
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.