“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
- Full Time, Maximum Term Contract until 30 June 2023
- Health Professionals & Support Services Award - Level 3 from $96,194 - $109,419 (Above Award salary) or Nurses Award
- Based at Penrith
The Penrith Head to Health service is a new Neami service located in Penrith, NSW. The Clinical Lead will provide clinical oversight for and leadership of a multidisciplinary health team to inform and guide the delivery of high-quality mental health intake, assessment and triage services for individuals in the Nepean Blue Mountains PHN (NBMPHN) region who experience mental health issues and are seeking support.
- Provide clinical oversight for and positive leadership of the multidisciplinary health team, to ensure all clinicians within the team work together to achieve excellence in service delivery, within the available resources.
- Facilitate a strong clinical governance culture within the team, where each practitioner takes responsibility for their own decision making and quality improvement activities, whilst supporting the clinical governance framework of Neami. Including monitoring and evaluation to ensure Neami’s internal audits and external accreditation requirements are met
Coordinating and providing clinical mental health services including:
- Assess and screen referrals using appropriate tools, policies and procedures
- Provide information about mental health and available services
- Triage and assessment of mental health referrals
- Work collaboratively with clients and their families to identify their mental health (and where appropriate, general health) needs
- Coordinate client therapeutic interventions by formulating client plans in collaboration with the client, staff and external workers and agencies, including making internal and external referrals as needed
What will you bring to the role?
- Formal tertiary qualification in either psychology, social work, nursing, occupational therapy
- Accredited registration with a professional governing body such as AHRPA,
- Proven experience at a clinical level within the area of mental health service delivery
- Experience in successfully leading/coordinating a team of staff and working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team with the ability to inspire and facilitate team commitment and cooperation
- Education and training history together with certified copies of all diplomas, degrees and any post graduate qualifications (copies to be supplied at Interview)
- Details of any endorsement or accreditation by colleges, associations or societies for provision of clinical services
- Details of previous mental health care related employment
- APS board approved to oversee supervision pathways for intern psychologists (4 plus 2, 5 plus 1 and clinical registrars). If the supervisor qualification is not held, Neami may support the attainment of this qualification for the right candidate
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of reports with recommendations
- Experience working across a range of Commonwealth and State funded mental health programs and ensuring program implementation in line with funding requirements and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform in an environment of change, to be creative when problem solving and work to timelines.
- A high level interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with clients, their families, friends and carers.
- An understanding of trauma informed care.
- AHPRA Registration and maintenance of registration standards and continuing professional development (CPD)
- Relevant qualification in Psychology, Nursing, Social Work & OT
- Current Working with Children Check
- Police check
- Driver’s licence
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Shane Jakupec, Regional Manager: M 0410 488 208
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.